» 19

[TW: mention of blood, exploding limb, explosion, fire spread]

"Lousy ass Jedi

"Lousy ass Jedi." Venus mumbled. To herself. He'd already gotten himself caught and she was supposed to trust him to save her daughter? It was a good thing she deviated from the plan and followed him because now it was up to her to save the day.

She sped walked down the halls, determined to get to the top floor as soon as she could, but it wasn't that easy. The sound of a few guards on patrol sounded from the end of the hall.

Panicked, Venus looked around for somewhere to hide, but it was no use. She began to walk even faster in hopes that she would find cover and—

Suddenly, she was pulled into a small dip in the wall. A hand was immediately over her mouth to keep her quiet and had she not looked up to see that it was Captain Rex, she would've shot the man. Her eyes softened at the sight of him— she'd thought she had been caught.

The two kept quiet as the footsteps passed by their little hiding spot while Rex kept watch from over her head. Had one of the guards turned his head even a little— they would have been caught. When they were gone, Rex moved his hand away and finally looked down at her with a stern look on his face. "Ma'am, with all due respect, are you trying to get caught?"

"I had a plan." She scoffed. "Unlike your Jedi friend, I know my way through this building."

"General Skywalker can handle a rescue mission on his own." The Captain defended him. "He's a Jedi. The force will guide him—"

"You sure about that?" Venus couldn't hold in the bitter laugh she let out. "Your Jedi has already been caught. Now if you want to help me save them, I'm all for it, otherwise, I would appreciate you letting me go."

The realization of how close they physically were, hit Rex. His face grew warm and he let go of the wrist he held. "I'm sorry—"

"They took them to the top floor." She slipped out of the hiding spot. "We'll take the elevator in the east hall— nobody uses that one."