» 30

[TW: blood]

"Venus?" Anakin called out

"Venus?" Anakin called out. The entry way was well kept— nothing out of place. He stepped into the apartment, motioning his clone medic to follow him.

He felt her presence— and although not the strongest, he even felt Rex's. There was no one else there. Anakin looked back at the medic who had met up with him, Kix. "The place is clear. This way."

They made their way deeper into the apartment and found the two in the hall, surrounded by broken glass.

Rex was laying on his back, head resting in the laps of the Princess. She held a what used to be grey cloth to his nose, sopping up his blood.

"Kix—"

"On it, General." He took his backpack off and got straight to work. "Hi ma'am, I'm Kix. I know that the Captain here is in rough shape— but how are you doing?"

Venus looked up, face covered in dried tears and some blood. "I'm um... I'm fine." Her voice cracked. "Might have a few cuts from the glass but I'll live. Please, just help him."

"You did a good job, ma'am." He looked down at Rex. "Let's get him out of the way."

Kix and Anakin carefully moved him out of the way, clear of the glass and onto the floor of the bedroom.

"General Skywalker, why don't you take this," Kix dug through his pack and passed him some supplies. "and patch her up while I work on the Captain?"

"Thank you, Kix." He took them and turned his attention to her.

Venus looked anywhere but at him. He could tell that she was doing everything she could to not make eye contact. She was hiding something it was obvious— but that's not what concerned him. No, first, he needed to patch her up.