» 28

[TW: unwanted touching/severed limb]

Chrysós was no longer the same as it had been before

Countless battle droids ran the streets, enforcing curfews, ridiculous laws, and punishing anyone who did not follow them.

The once beautiful sunny planet now appeared sad and gloomy, the sky littered with all sorts of Separatist aircrafts.

It was a fate that many other systems had seen throughout the war— change. Sometimes it was good, at others, it was bad. This was definitely bad.

Aerol quickly became a dictator. Without Venus there to get in his was, he held the power— at least he thought he did. Dooku was still above him but that didn't seem to bother Aerol. No, he was completely unbothered by that. In his head, it was just him against the galaxy. No one could get in his way.

It was getting dark out. Aerol had just finished giving a speech to his people not too long ago. Now, he stood in his office, watching over the downtown area of Lyra, a glass of whisky in his hand. He was exhausted— from many things actually. Worrying about Venus, thinking about Zae, and so much more. He needed this drink, to free him of his thoughts. Already out of it, Aerol didn't pay attention to the sound of the door opening followed by footsteps.

The voice of his brother ended up grabbing his attention.

" Aerol," Sterling now stood in front of Aerol's desk, hands tucked behind his back. "I want you to meet someone."

Aerol didn't bother turning around, instead dismissing him. "Not now Sterling, I'm busy."

Busy? The senator was only looking out the window. Nothing important.

"Aerol," Sterling cleared his throat, voice more stern this time. "I have someone here that will be helping us with our loose end."