» 6

Senator Aurum was dead

Senator Aurum was dead. Venus' father was dead.

The loud blaster shot that took his life could be heard throughout the entire downtown area. Those who were out and about in the downtown area of Lyra quickly made their ways home, leaving the forever lively streets, dead silent. The city that had always lived up to its name, no longer did.

Lyra was known amongst the neutral systems to be a city so bright and full of life. It was the number one vacation spot for honeymooners. Why? Well it full of light and joy through the days and nights. One could go to the city for just about anything— meeting up with friends, having picnics in the parks, swimming in the ponds during warm season. Everyone was in tune with one another, the conflict and crime rate were incredibly low, nearly non existent. The city thrived under these melodic ways.

And now it no longer did.

Upon hearing the shot fired, guards rushed to protect the Senator, quickly finding out upon their arrival that they were too late.

He laid dead on the balcony, a shattered glass of a deep red wine next to his limp hand. Inside the living room, hidden behind one of the fancy leather couches was his advisor. She remained in shock when the guards found her and refused to answer any questions at that very moment. It was funny really. Moments before his death, she had wished he would die. Now the old bastard was actually dead.

Mean while in uptown Lyra, Aerol had already concocted a cover story. The guards assigned to his and Venus' home had been alerted of the assassination and were to escort the two to safety right away. They found Aerol sitting on the bench Venus had been sitting on an hour before, dry blood running down from his temple to his jaw. Thanks to Venus' work with that vase, he had the perfect lie. "My wife has assaulted me." He told the guards. "She's drugged me and tried to kill me— she made a run for it with our daughter. I believe she is headed to the palace for Queen Aelia and Princess Aurelia."

They believed him in an instant. They always did because Aerol was a good actor— pretending to care about every one of his workers. They didn't doubt him for a second.