» 15

Detective Jade Feera had enough of the new senator

Detective Jade Feera had enough of the new senator. When she received word of the public execution, she finally decided to do something about it, even if it cost her job.

Athena was the one responsible for breaking the news. She'd come to Jade's door an unreasonable hour of the night and told her everything— how princess Venus was arrested along with a Jedi, how Aerol was going to have the Queen and princess Aurelia executed later that day without a trial.

"We're going down there, right this minute." Feera grabbed her coat and bag and led Athena out the door.

Now they were in her spreader, heading to the Senator's home. In hind sight, showing up unannounced at this time was a really bad idea, yet the two women were blinded by their anger.

When they got to his penthouse, they were greeted by guards.

"Detective," one spoke. "You are unauthorized to be here at this time. "Leave and—"

"I don't care what time it is— I will be speaking with Senator Aurum." She shoved past them, marching down the hallway. There was a light on in his office— he had to be in there. Feera pressed the button to open the door. "This has gone too far—" she stopped when she saw the Senator had some company.

Sterling Onyx. Her number one suspect. And here he was, having a drink with her second suspected person.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?" Aerol stood from his desk, slamming his drink down. "You've got some nerve—"

Athena finally caught up to Jade, also in shock when she saw the two together. The plan had been to come at Aerol directly, accusing him of all of the terrible things he'd done. But now, that was dangerous. There was a literal killer sitting in the room.

So acting quickly, Athena stepped in front of Jade and took the lead. "Senator Aurum, I must insist that you rethink the execution." She tried. "It will not end well for you—"

"Are you threatening me?" He walked around his desk and at the two. "Because if you are—"

"No, not at all, Senator." She stood tall, hands clenched into fists. "What I am trying to tell you is that if you execute Queen Aelia and Princess Aurelia, two of Chrysós beloved who have not had a fair trial—"