» 12

With Anakin's luck, he had been called upon to aide Master Windu

With Anakin's luck, he had been called upon to aide Master Windu. He and Ahsoka led an air attack and successfully took back Ryloth— with the little help of an adrenaline stim. After the tiring battle, they made their ways back to The Resolute.

Anakin would never admit it to anyone, but the lack of sleep was taking a toll on him. While he did have the booster, he still struggled to focus on the solider who was guiding him into landing. His star fighter landed a little too roughly, gaining the attention of passerbyers— No one said anything about it.

When he hopped out of the ship, he stumbled but claimed to have landed on the side of his foot. He was ready to return to his room but stopped when he spotted Rex, and Ahsoka— who'd just hopped out of her fighter— watching him. "What are you two looking at?"

Rex looked away, nervously rubbing the back of his head "Nothing, sir." His sudden response had gotten Ahsoka to remain silent. Instead, she walked away, too annoyed to try and get something out of her master this time. The Captain watched the padawan walk away, guilt swelling up in his chest. He knew that she meant well— perhaps he could talk some sense into her master for her.

"Not you too, Rex." Anakin groaned. "I'm fine."

"You and I must have different definitions of 'fine.'" Rex mumbled under his breath, knowing full well that the Jedi could hear him. "Sir, your padawan is worried about you, hell, some of the boys are worried about you too."

While Anakin enjoyed attention, he hated everyone's concern for him. If he said he was fine, he was fine. There was no need for them to constantly check up on him. "Then they're worrying for nothing." He began his journey away from the landing bay and into the heart of the cruiser, Rex following behind him. "I'm tired, so what? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's exhausted here."

"True," Rex huffed at his attempt to relate to him and his men. "But the rest of us go about it the right way."

He was right— everyone who had come to him about their concerns, were right. But nobody understood what he was truly going through. His wife wanted a divorce, she didn't want to talk things out! Anakin had a limited selection of people he could talk to about this and he hated pouring onto them about his personal problems— yet it came out like word vomit. "Padmé wants a divorce."