» 21

Coruscant was very different from Chrysós

Coruscant was very different from Chrysós. The planet was quite literally covered in buildings, there was no sign of nature anywhere.

Venus and Athena looked like lost tourists once they exited the ship— they practically were. It was afternoon— sky was quite dark and cloudy and it was sprinkling. The smell of rain lingered in the air.

Generals Kenobi and Skywalker led them from the ship and to a transport ship, where a group of politicians and other Jedi were waiting.

"Oh, Princess Venus." The oldest of them all bowed his head. "We are glad that you have made it to us safely."

Venus glanced at Obi-Wan, who then went on to introduce the man. "Princess, this is Chancellor Palpatine."

She bowed right back at him, eyes remaining on the ground. "Thank you sir, for your hospitality. I—"

"Perhaps we should get you and your friend situated." He spoke over her. "I'm sure you are tired from your travels. We will meet first thing in the morning to discuss what is happening on Chrysós—"

"No." Her face scrunched up. "No, a meeting can't wait— we need to have a meeting now. There are so many innocent people on Chrysós— they're all in danger! Something needs to be done, now!"

Everyone remained silent for a moment, even the chancellor himself. They were all surprised that she'd raised her voice at the Chancellor himself.

"Your majesty," one of the senators piped in. "Chancellor Palpatine is a very busy man—"

"I suppose I could clear up my schedule." Palpatine smiled. "After all, it is for a good cause."

Nobody dared to question or protest his sudden change of heart. All Venus could mutter up was a meek thank you.

"General Skywalker, see to it that our guests make it to their temporary home." The Chanellor gave orders to the Jedi, seemingly upsetting the Jedi master who stood behind him. "Once our guests are comfortable, if you would so kindly escort them to my office."