» 5

[TW: mentions of blood, drugging, toxic relationship]

It was almost time to carry out the next part of her plan

It was almost time to carry out the next part of her plan. Venus stood in the bathroom, staring at the mirror in front of her. Judging by the look on her face, she had a feeling that she couldn't pull this off. She had a terrible pokerface. T

The sound of Aerol settling in the room urged her to go back to what she was been doing. Without time to waste, she quickly got changed into her night attire and cleared the bathroom for him— he always ended up rushing her if she hadn't.

As soon as she stepped out of the bathroom, he caught a glimpse of her face. "I tried to warn you." Aerol let's the empty spot on the bench next to him, ordering her to sit down. "I really did. How difficult is it to be on your best behavior? Really?"

Venus couldn't hear what he was saying as she sat next to him. She was too deep in thought, worrying about what could go wrong. He grabbed her face, instantly snapping out of it. "Look at me when I speak to you."

And so she did.

"You've embarrassed me." He spat. "Made your father believe that I cannot control my bratty little wife. What do you have to say about that?"

He was only looking for one answer, she knew that. It would be best to give him that answer. "You were right. I'm sorry."

He released her with a chuckle. "You need to learn your place, Venus." He stood up, offering her a hand. She hesitantly took it and stood up with him, surprised when he pulled her into his arms. "You should wear this gown more often. Looks beautiful on you." A thumb slipped underneath the white strap of her silk gown, gently tugging it down her shoulder.

Why the sudden change in mood? Was it possible that Aerol felt bad for her?  No, he was a monster. He had no sympathy for anyone. "Though, it would look even better on the floor."