» 16

[TW: character death, decapitation]

It was time

It was time.

Venus was brought from her holding cell and outside of the city hall building. There were hundreds of people gathered on the streets for this. The sight made her sick— so sick that she stopped to vomit up what little food she'd consumed in the last few days. Some people booed when they saw her, others shouted in anger, begging for whoever to call this off.

She was shoved to her knees, a few feet from a podium. A moment later, Obi-Wan was by her side, Ventress standing guard behind them. Venus looked to him, hopeful that he had a plan. She was disappointed when she saw the look of regret on his face.

Aerol came out onto the stage next, approaching the podium. Before he spoke, he cleared his throat and tapped on the mic, a loud ringing noise echoing though the air. "People of Chrysós!" He greeted. "A series of unfortunate events has brought us all here today. As you know—"

He continued his little speech as Obi-Wan looked around. He hoped that maybe, just maybe, he would spot Anakin. He had to be here, he just had to. This was a matter of life and death.

Venus' head hung low, loose tears slipping down her cheeks. This couldn't be how it ended. Aerol couldn't win like he said he would. He didn't deserve to get away with this.

"Here, we have one of our traitors and an intruder!" Aerol held his hand out towards them. "The night of the assassination of Senator D'Or Aurum, Princess Venus also attempted to murder me and fled to the castle. As I have been put into office by emergency, I am granted emergency power, thus, I have decided the punishment of those who are guilty. For having knowledge of this plot and failing to report it, I sentence Queen Aelia and Princess Aurelia to death by electro-guillotine. As for Princess Venus, she will spend the rest of her life, locked up. The jedi will be handed over to the Confederacy of Independent Systems."

Venus looked back to Obi-Wan, doing her best to hold in anymore tears. "What will they do to you?"

He wasn't sure, but he knew it wouldn't be good. "Don't worry about me." He whispered. "I'll deal with whatever they throw at me."