» 29

[TW: assault, stabbing, implied sexual act]

Venus stood in front of her bedroom mirror, eyes lingering on her newest scar

Venus stood in front of her bedroom mirror, eyes lingering on her newest scar. Just below the left side of her collar bone.

An everyday reminder, of what she had caused. She often found herself standing in front of the mirror, fixated on the mark. She could comfortably move her arm now but the scar was forever— a taunt, a laugh in her face...

There to never let her forget the death of her family.

And she wanted to forget— desperately even. But it's not like the Republic presented her with such methods. Alcohol? Therapy? Those weren't available to her.

In fact, it seemed that the Republic was doing anything they could to not help her and make her feel worse. They cut her off after Aerol's little stunt. The Chancellor never reached out to her— Senators Amidala and Organa hadn't spoken to her, the Jedi turned their backs on her— even General Kenobi. Skywalker had stopped by a few times to check on her, maybe ask a few questions, but Venus saw no point in them anymore.

She rarely talked to Athena and hell— they lived together.

Day and night, Venus stayed hidden in her room. Sometimes alone, at other times, with another.

Someone who easily understood her pain, someone who didn't belittle her, someone who could take her mind off of everything for at least a little while.

Was it healthy? No— but he was her only outlet.

Still focused on the mirror, Venus didn't bother looking at the man who emerged from the fresher, a towel wrapped tightly around his waist. By now she'd snapped back into reality. Looking at him would make her feel guilty now.

"Thought you'd be in bed by now." He passed by and went for his clothes on the dresser. "Talk to me."

A soft sigh left her lips, arms hugging her frail body. "There's not much to say that I haven't already." She ripped her eyes away from the mirror and turned an ear to him.