3: Sidon, Prince Of The Zora

(Y/n) did not know what she was expecting, but she knew it wasn't this.

She was now on the arm of the prince of the Domain, casually having a conversation with him as the two walked around the Domain, that appeared quite luminous at night.

"I am glad you came to our Domain after things have settled down here. There used to be a heavy downpour caused by our Divine Beast, Vah Ruta, who was out of control. We are very fortunate that the noble swordsman Link came when he did to provide his assistance, since we would still be in a rather sorry state without him." Prince Sidon laughed.

"Link? You have actually met him?" (Y/n) perked up, to which the Prince gave her a bright smile.

"Yes, and more than that, he is the greatest friend anyone could ever have. He has done so much for the Domain, and we are forever in his debt." Prince Sidon smiled, his eyes taking on a brighter gleam at recalling the time he met his best friend, and all they had did to quell Vah Ruta. 

"He would often visit our Domain, and help out some of the Zora with their problems, no matter how great or small they may be. He is also one of the few people, besides yourself, who treats me as an equal. We both understand that we are meant to protect our people, to give our lives to that cause. It feels reassuring to know there is someone else who can relate to me, despite being a Hylian."

Prince Sidon then cast a glance at (Y/n). "I surely hope you will be able to meet him the next time he visits the Domain. I will happily introduce you two." He chuckled, which made (Y/n) smile. She too wishes to meet Link. She had heard so many stories about him, about how much of an altruist he was, how strong he was, and how he, surprisingly, was pretty sparing with his words.

"Thank you for the offer. I always have wanted to meet him, to see what kind of character the dedicated knight of Zelda was." (Y/n) nodded.

Prince Sidon smiled upon hearing Zelda's name. "Ah, Zelda... She too is very kind. Not too long ago, she came to the Domain to offer an apology to us, though there truly was no need. She truly is an inspiration."

His golden gaze then flickered over to (Y/n). "Ah, but I can go on and on about those two. If you'd like, I can show you the greatest sights around the Domain?" He then leaned in with a playful smile. "I can show you the greatest waterfalls to climb."

That was when (Y/n) gulped nervously. "O-Oh, uh, I really appreciate the offer, but I kind of... um, have this... illness, you could say." She made up, causing Prince Sidon tense up.

"An illness? This sounds dire! What are you feeling?" He questioned immediately, his hands going to softly cup her cheeks as he was looking her over, which made those butterflies from before go to attack (Y/n) yet again.

"W-Well, it's just, that um..."

That was when an idea struck her. A very, terrible idea.

Sidon is the prince. Why not confide in him about the terrible curse that had been inflicted onto her? He more than anyone probably knew a solution to her dilemma! He seemed like the gentleman, and not some casanova that would brush it off as her being crazy.

Then there is the highly likely chance of him still thinking she is crazy after she tells him the truth.

Well, while she still wasn't that close to him, she might as well tell him the truth. The truth, after all, would set her free.

"I... am not actually a real Zora. I can't swim." (Y/n) quickly explained, gritting her teeth as she closed her eyes. She couldn't bear to see his reaction.

After a very awkward pause, she then felt Prince Sidon take her hands.

"This... truly is dire. We must cure you of this illness, straight away!" (Y/n) heard him say, her eyes snapping open upon her hands being urgently tugged by the prince, as he was running off to one direction.