17: Head Over Heels

(A/N): Thank you all so much for all the lovely comments regarding this story! I love reading them, and I hope you all are enjoying this story as much as I am enjoying writing it!

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

While both (Y/n) and Sidon were sleeping, (Y/n) found herself drifting into a familiar dream sequence... The dreams regarding those distant relatives of hers.

(Y/n) had found herself in what had appeared to be a library of sorts, where strange beings were seen organizing, much to her marvel. What in Hylia's name were these strange beings?... They did not appear to be an organic life form at all, what with a string of light being seen inside their bodies as they moved, soft jangling being heard with every movement.

In the center of this library, (Y/n) saw a female who appeared to be in the process of tinkering with something. It had appeared to be one of those strange beings, who appeared to be broken down.

"That should do it... Do you read me?" Her smooth voice spoke out as she addressed the strange being, who came to life at her work, going to stand up. It nodded in the affirmative. "Yes. Shall I continue organizing the library?" The being asked, as the female nodded with a soft smile.

Looking more closely at her, (Y/n) then felt herself gasp as she spotted a sight she couldn't believe.

On her neck... Was a very familiar necklace... It was the very exact necklace that (Y/n) always wore, secret stone and all!

There was no denying who this person was... This was Mineru. On her head was one of the very masks (Y/n)'s own family was known for creating, the one no one else made!

Here she was, very much not a Hylian, but a Zonai, seeming to be reaching for a book to read as the doors to the library were opened, revealing Rauru.

"Mineru, I believe I am in trouble." Rauru began, which made the female Zonai give a small smile. Her eyes were still on the book she had just reached for, going to place it on her lap to open it. "Did your scooter break down again?" She asked him, to which he shook his head with a nervous laugh.

"I-It is nothing like that. It is... About a woman I have met." Rauru elaborated, which finally caught his sister's full attention, whose big ears twitched as she then looked up at him. She had a far more composed face than her brother's, (Y/n) noted. A more mature air, too. Could she be the older sibling?

Appearing embarrassed, Rauru's ears lowered a bit as he ran a hand through his long hair. "Her name is Sonia, and I... Think she is really kind. We often go on walks and would frequently have tea together. She makes me feel comfortable in a world so wary about us." He told her, as Mineru went to hold her chin with one of her hands, putting her book aside as she smiled in amusement at her brother.

"Sounds to me like you have taken quite a liking for this Sonia." Mineru deduced.

"P-Perhaps, but it is just... She is a Hylian, and I am not. With that in mind... I was hoping you would know a way to fix this feeling. I can not be feeling this way towards her, I shouldn't." Rauru turned his head away with a grimace.

Mineru stared at him for a bit. "Why shouldn't you?..." She asked him softly, as he turned his back towards her.

"Because... She is so beautiful, so very kind, and she deserves someone as lovely as she. I can not even construct my own device without it either blowing up or barely working." Rauru gripped at his long hair, as he started to pace anxiously around.

"She is seen as a leader to the Hylians, something of nobility, and I am anything but! I am a Zonai, associated with a group of barbarians that let our ancestors' technology get to their heads. What the rest of our people have done to this land, have done to the Faron region, has completely messed with the balance already in place before our arrival. Seeking to take over more land by force... It has only created animosity between the people, and eventually our own destruction. Now we are the only ones left of our people, Mineru... The only ones who kept separate from the wars, but even that separation would not be enough for most people... They will still see us as monsters..." Rauru murmured, going to clench his fists.