10: The Talk Of Town

A few days after they had returned to the Domain, both (Y/n) and Sidon had to fall back to their usual day routines, which also meant the resumption of their swimming lessons at night, which (Y/n) appeared to be slowly improving in.

As much as they had tried to be discreet, word about their relationship in the Domain had started to spread, with a few of the guards having reported seeing the two sneaking off at night together, which was rather suspicious behavior.

Some Zora in particular, the ones close to the two, had begun to question them about what was going on between the two of them.

"There is something you haven't been entirely telling me, (Y/n). I wasn't born yesterday! There is something more going on between you and Prince Sidon." Kodah teased as she was sorting through the book selection present in the Inn.

(Y/n) was quick to wave off the possibility with wide gold eyes. "N-Not at all! We just became close friends from our short trip together!"

It wasn't a lie. She felt she got a bit closer to Sidon on a more informal level. It wasn't just a mentor-student relationship anymore.

Kodah gave the female Zora an incredulous look. "...Come now, (Y/n). There is hardly any female Zora who does not have a thing for the prince. Just look at his fanclub! There is no shame in admitting that you took a liking to him!"

"W-Well, he is a very nice guy, but we really are just friends at best. He is a prince, and I am just some little ol' fish who happens to make accessories!" (Y/n) waved off again with her hand. The longer she stood in the Domain, the longer she began to speak more like a Zora, referring to the kids as minnows, using fish metaphors... The area really rubbed off on (Y/n) quite quickly, and she was not sure if it was due to how hospitable the Zora have been to her, or the effects of the strange curse that she was in.

Kodah chuckled with a soft shake of her head. "Is that what troubles you? The fact he is royalty, and you are not? What did I tell you before? If you really like him... Who knows? It might just happen, so don't draw your net early when there is still a chance for a great catch!" She smiled at her, as (Y/n) toyed with the secret stone on her necklace with her fingers.

"Yeah, but there are still rules- N-Now, wait a moment, I don't like him in that way! I am just... a bit curious about him! He is the first royal I ever met, after all!" (Y/n) made up on the spot, averting her gaze, which made Kodah giggle. The blush on her cheeks told Kodah all she needed to know.

"If I may jump in... There are a lot of rumors going around the Domain about the two of you." Kayden, Kodah's husband, added from his counter, having a smile just as playful as his wife's on his face. Just like with Kodah, (Y/n) also had became close with him, since she did spend her nights sleeping at the Inn. In her time at the Domain, she almost felt as if the pair had adopted her into their family, treating her like another daughter of theirs.

"I bet there is, if we are having this conversation..." (Y/n) pouted, not making eye contact to either one of them, which amused the couple.

"Apparently some of the guards have caught the two of you sneaking off together every night to some location. What is that about?" Kayden asked as he leaned onto his counter, that amused smile still on his face.

"H-He is just... helping me out with something." (Y/n) murmured in embarrassment.

"Uhuh... I bet he is." Kodah looked at her husband, before the two of them chuckled.

"He is! The matter is a bit embarrassing, though, so that's why I do not like talking about it!" (Y/n) frowned at the two.

"And how did Prince Sidon come to know about it before us? He is quite the busy sort." Kayden questioned.