16: The Purity Of Spirit

While (Y/n) was safe and sound in Lurelin Village, Sidon was swimming his way towards Martha's Landing. Since every group of people needed a settlement, he kept his eyes peered for that. He would assume that perhaps there would be a camp on the beach, or on the waters. When he spotted something more than a camp, he almost stopped swimming completely, his golden eyes going wide at the sight up ahead.

In Martha's Landing, in the water, stood what Sidon could only perceive to be a giant sea cave, that had what appeared to be some sort of fountain at it's top, the front of the sea cave being veiled by a continuous waterfall. Around this sea cave stood a square-shaped fortified perimeter with Ocean Zora standing guard, sharp spikes lining the rocky perimeter to prevent anyone from climbing up, as well as four guard towers at each one of the corners, with what Sidon could only assume to be archers stationed there. How long were they here? Was this sea cave always here? Based on its formation, it comprised of a kind of rock Sidon had yet to see in his life.

Now even more cautious at just how guarded the area was, Sidon figured it was safer to continue onwards to this location by foot, going to swim towards the beach and walk there. That way, the guards would spot him and know he was another Zora like them, and not a possible enemy they would try to attack. He rather handle this situation as diplomatically as possible, if he could help it.

After walking a bit, he then heard a peculiar horn go off, before he noticed that he was indeed spotted, with one of the many guards stationed at the perimeter going to address him. "Prince Sidon, is it? We have been expecting your visit!" The Ocean Zora yelled at him, before Sidon noted how they appeared to be dropping their weapons, with the one addressing him going to swim over to where he was.

"My apologies if our security appeared a bit off putting to you, but we do believe in ensuring the absolute safety of our residents." The security guard told him with a bow of his head.

"That is understandable, though it is admittedly a surprise to me. May I have a word with Prince Morfran?" Sidon requested, as the guard merely nodded. "Of course, of course, just follow me, your highness!"

As Sidon followed the guard to the front of the cave, Sidon began to ponder to himself, his eyes taking in every detail of the new area. Why was this area so guarded? How did they come to learn of his name? Sidon had yet to formally introduce himself to the Ocean Zora. Was this a work of those spies of theirs?

Walking into and then past the waterfall that covered the entrance to the cave, Sidon then found himself in an area almost completely shrouded in darkness. The only thing lighting up the area were bioluminescent rocks, plants and fish. There was a big pool of water in the middle of the cave, with a small throne like structure in the far back, that was by far the most lavish looking of the structures he was seeing. The rest looked to be mere burrows by comparison, small rocky like structures making the rest of the area. It was very much different from his own home.

"Your majesty, Prince Sidon wishes to speak to you." The guard bowed before a familiar being who sat on the throne, before being dismissed by the prince of the Ocean Zora.

"Welcome to the Obscured Zone, my humble abode. I am glad to see that the Domain's very prince has come to speak to me on his own. I see that as a sign of good will." Prince Morfran smiled at Sidon.

"I am delighted to hear that you do. On behalf of Zora's Domain, I wish to change your perspective on the Kingdom of Hyrule, so that we can bring about unification." Sidon told him matter-of-factly, which made Morfran's smile drop.

"What is there to change? My forefathers have told me the tales a few thousand times over. How could I ever forget about the "legend" of the weak, spineless leaders that we had that weren't even strong enough to take down one man? Based on numbers alone, they had the upper hand." Morfran growled, his cloudy gray eyes going to peer at Sidon.