24: Sowing The Seeds Of Fate

Elsewhere in the land of Hyrule, a nervous field agent slowly trudges up to his ruler, unsure if he should even be reporting the information he had found to his leader. After all, this was bad news.

"Y-Your highness, I have done what you have asked of me..." The field agent began with a stammer, going to bow deeply as he addressed his leader.

"And? What have you gathered?" The royal merely asked, his eyes going to stare expectantly at the agent, who did not dare to raise his head to look up at him.

"T-That they... have disappeared... There is no trace of their whereabouts whatsoever. It's as if they do not exist anymore..." The agent grimaced as he reported his findings.

There was an intense silence for a moment, before the agent cowered from hearing the hiss of his ruler as he stood from his throne. "T-That cannot be! They have to be out there somewhere! Did you check the Temple of Time?! Hyrule Castle?!" The leader growled, as the agent nervously nodded. "I-I did, and still, nothing! It is very possible that during the Imprisoning War, the artifacts may have been lost to history!"

The stormy-eyed ruler anxiously paced back and forth, still in a state of disbelief. This cannot be, that such a great power was lost to history! It had to be out there somewhere!

"I-I refuse to believe they're gone completely! They have to be out there somewhere, hidden away in a place no one would think to seek them out!" He shook his head.

"T-That is very much plausible, your highness..." The agent merely mumbled, afraid what bringing this news could mean for him.

The leader then stood still for a moment, a clawed hand going to hold his chin in contemplation. "It is plausible that the leaders of the past have hidden them and kept their locations a secret. The only clue we have regarding them is the fact that they are tear shaped stones, and that they amplify the ability of whomever shall possess it.... But any great number of jewelry could match that description! We need to dig deeper, and find more information concerning those artifacts..." He trailed off, before a slow smirk started to appear on his face.

"...And I believe I have just found how we could find such artifacts without letting the Kingdom catch on to our mission..." He chuckled ominously, before he was then addressing his agent. "You are dismissed. Keep trying to find more information." He ordered, as the agent shakily nodded his head, before heading off in a hurry.

"...If you shall not accept being our ally, your "majesty", then I suppose I shall seek out another who is able to see exactly what I see..." He murmured to no one in particular, before his gray eyes then went to peer into a large abyss of a pool. "...You will reap what your ancestors have sowed long ago..."

While a devious plot was brewing elsewhere, back at Zora's Domain, the festivities of the Champion Festival have drawn their conclusion, and everyone had headed to retire for the night... All, except for two.

"Sidon, why did you want to take me up here? Is this also part of what you do during the Festival?" (Y/n) questioned the prince curiously, as she looked around the familiar fountain that made up Mipha Court. Sidon was being suspiciously quiet at the moment, a big grin on his face as he seemed to be searching for something, though (Y/n) was left in the dark as to what that may be. All that she knew was that she was to take the seed she was given by the Korok, and bring it with her before they headed up Ploymus Mountain.

"Did you remember what the Korok said? About us planting these seeds the highest we could? I was thinking where it would be safest to plant the seeds, and I believe here is the perfect location!" Sidon began with a pumped fist, before averting his gaze shyly, his pale cheeks growing pink under the moonlight. "That and... I am touched by the pins you have made. I feel guilty that I have nothing else I could give to you but this suggestion on where to plant these seeds..." He murmured, causing (Y/n) to giggle softly.