21: A Personal Problem

Sidon over the next couple days seemed a bit less... Cheery, than he usually is. When the swimming lessons resumed, there always seemed to be a sadness in Sidon's eyes whenever he would look at (Y/n). Though (Y/n) wanted to ask what was wrong, she thought better of it.

She figured perhaps it had to do with his meeting with the council, and the news he had to share. Whether it was the possible engagement, the failed unification attempt, or a combination of the two, it seemed the outcome of it was not positive for the poor prince.

Then there were the nightmares (Y/n) was getting these past couple days... Of a great darkness, threatening to consume the kingdom whole. That was the only thing she could remember every time she would wake up. Kodah and Kayden would tell her that she would tremble in her sleep whenever she would get these nightmares. Whatever this great darkness was... It unnerved her greatly, and it was starting to get into the work she was doing in preparation for the festival.

"(Y/n), did you hear? I heard there are going to be musicians from all over coming for the Champion Festival!" Kodah told (Y/n) over her shoulder as she was tidying up the community kitchen.

"Apparently, it was his majesty's request that all the best musicians come to the Domain. I suppose he wants this festival to be more grand than the ones prior due to what happened to Vah Ruta this year." Kayden added from the inn.

(Y/n) tilted her head up to look at Kayden. "Vah Ruta? Isn't that the divine beast that went haywire?" She questioned, having sat in a corner of the inn to do her work.

"Correct. Due to what happened to our late princess, after the Great Calamity was over, his majesty decided it was best to retire the divine beast. He feared it could become corrupted again in the future and did not want a repeat of what had happened to occur again." Kayden explained with a soft sigh.

"But, the Champion Festival is not a time of grieving. It is a time of remembering the great feats of our late princess, of celebrating our rich history." Kodah said with a soft smile.

"It is also a time where we enjoy ourselves. You have been through a lot for being so new to the Domain, and I think it will be nice for you to see more of what we have to offer, besides our prince." Kodah teased (Y/n) with a playful wink, causing her to blush.

"Speaking of his highness, he seems rather grim recently. I wonder if it's because he is reminiscing about Mipha." Kayden wondered with a hum.

"It could be... Regardless, I can't help but worry about him... It's not like him to seem so... worried..." (Y/n) murmured with a frown, once again recalling those times where she would see that longing look in his eyes during their swimming lessons. Perhaps all that was needed was just a little time, to allow Sidon to process whatever it was he was feeling. He knew that if he needed someone to confide in, he could always come to her.

But, if the issue regarded her, such as the engagement, then maybe that would be why he wouldn't come to her concerning the issue. Though it did make her wonder... Who would he confide in? Perhaps his friends?... But they were always on the move, so keeping in touch could be tricky, especially if he wanted an immediate response.

Who in the entirety of the Domain could Sidon always depend on to lend their ear, someone who wouldn't judge him for his woes, despite his status?

There was a silence between Kayden and Kodah, before Kodah decided to speak again.

"...In the past, whenever the prince appeared to be troubled, he would always stand before our statue of Mipha at night, when it used to be in the town's square. I do not want to jump to conclusions, but, I could have sworn I heard him... talking to her. This behavior was more frequent when we used to have diplomats come over to do business with our Domain. They appeared to be quite a strict bunch, not even interacting with the locals." Kodah told (Y/n), who frowned softly.