9: A Break In The Domain

(A/N): I hope you all are enjoying the story so far! Many ideas flow through my head on what to do with this fic that sometimes I just need to step back to see what piece of a puzzle fits where, lol. It is definitely a process to get all the lore in place while at the same time focusing on the other aspects, and I hope it hasn't been a drag!

————————————————————————————————————————————————

Retracing their steps, the duo was right back at the Domain, immediately heading to the throne room to make their report on the rumors the two were investigating.

Bowing before the king, Sidon went to speak.

"Father, we have some news to share about the task you have given us." He began, before raising his head to look at the king.

"The rumors we have heard, the reports.... They are all true. While at a bridge, we saw the strange Zora with our own two eyes. They appear to have abilities even we do not have. The one we spotted referred to us as "Surface Zora", and then disappeared into a whirlpool." He reported, which caused quite the uproar among the council, one King Dorephan silenced with a raise of his hand.

"I see... So there are others out there. They do not sound like the Zora from the other Domain, not at all..." He hummed, as he then eyed Muzu, who looked alarmed at the news. "Muzu, do you know anything about a potential other group of Zora?"

After a moment of silence, the older Zora cleared his throat, and nodded slowly. "I am afraid so.... But I thought it was just a bedtime story told to little minnows so they did not swim far from the Domain..." He then turned to everyone.

"Since the Imprisoning War... Some Zora defected from the Domain and its Royal Family, same with the Kingdom of Hyrule and it's Royal Family, for all the grief that was caused from the war at the time. It has been said that they headed to the deepest trenches of the ocean... But it was so long ago, that the tale was thought to be a myth!"

"But I thought you said no Zora could live in the ocean." Sidon looked at Muzu in confusion.

"No regular Zora could... There is a legend that the longer a Zora turns its back against the Kingdom... the more of a monster they become. But if that is the case... Then why would they show up now, back to Hyrule?..." He questioned.

(Y/n) felt a chill go down her spine. "You... You don't think they are back for revenge?..." She murmured softly to Sidon, who frowned. "I hope not, for what happened was long ago... Very long ago!"

The prince then looked at his father, who was taking all this information in. "What should we do, father?"

King Dorephan hummed, before closing his eyes, seeming deep in thought.

"You two have just came back... Take some time to rest up, while I discuss this matter with the rest of the council. This is a... Very important discovery." He told them, as Sidon bowed his head once more, before glancing at (Y/n), and heading out with her out of the throne room.

"I can not believe it... a different group of Zora, one that come from the ocean!" Sidon shook his head in disbelief.

"Me either. I have been near the ocean all my life, and never have I heard any such tale of people dwelling in the depths..." (Y/n) frowned, before recalling the female voice from before.

It warned her... To beware of the Depths.

Could this mean that this sect of Zora were really coming back to the Kingdom in bad faith? That they were a threat?

Based on what they were told thus far, it would seem like that was the likely story... Which she did not want to believe, because this just sounded like they were about to head into another big war, when they just got out from the grief that was inflicted on the kingdom from The Great Calamity!

(Sidon x Reader) The Out Of Body ExperienceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara