14: Out On The Road Again

Just as Prince Sidon predicted, he and (Y/n) were yet again heading out to do further investigating on the Ocean Zora. Since (Y/n) was familiar with the Faron region in particular, she made the perfect guide for leading Sidon to Martha's Landing, where the Ocean Zora said they would be.

This time, they had a specialized boat on wheels made for them, to make the trip faster as well as to hold all of the belongings they needed to take with them. They had no idea if they needed to bring anything back, or if they would need to proceed on land, so it was the perfect mode of transport. Traveling by water was faster than by land, so it was the preferred mode of travel.

However, knowing the truth that (Y/n) was actually a Hylian in a cursed state made Sidon particularly keen on taking a bit of a detour when they got to the Faron region, going to pass familiar sights they had seen prior on their way down to the south.

"Okay, we should be reaching Lake Hylia any moment now." (Y/n) murmured, going to look over her map, oblivious to the prince's intentions, as he was the one steering the ship.

"I heard Mei went here one time to fish. It is quite the faraway fishing site from the Domain. I am surprised she made the journey." (Y/n) commented with a smile as she continued to look over the map.

"I see..." Sidon hummed, his golden eyes looking forward as he still had his detour plan in the back of his mind.

"You'll know it's Lake Hylia when you see a great big bridge going across. The view of the lake from up there is actually quite nice." (Y/n) commented, as the prince merely nodded in response.

This was soon making her suspicious. Sidon was not the type to be so silent on a trip such as this. She was surprised she hadn't received a lot of questions about the lands they were passing by.

"Sidon, is there something bothering you? Are you worried about that Morfran guy?" (Y/n) decided to ask, as Sidon then shook his head.

"No, not at all, it is just... Where is Lurelin Village from Lake Hylia?" He asked, which immediately made (Y/n) look at him incredulously.

"That is what you are thinking about? I thought we agreed we would go there after we find out the deal with those Ocean Zora!" She pointed out, which got a laugh out of Sidon.

"My apologies, it is just... I really want to see what your hometown looks like, what you look like as a Hylian. That and... I am not sure what will happen once we get to Martha's Landing. If we have to report our findings immediately to my father, then we wouldn't have time to go to Lurelin." Sidon reasoned with a hum.

"That... May be true, yes, but this business about the Ocean Zora is kind of more important than my personal woes." (Y/n) reasoned.

"But this involves your life, and I take that just as seriously. We will not be there long, just long enough to resolve everything and let everyone know what happened." Sidon told her, as (Y/n) stood silent for a bit, before nodding.

"Alright, if you are sure that its okay... Then when we reach the very bottom right of the lake, it's to the east, past the rainforests, and then down a slope. We will be on land for a bit before getting back in the water, so the wheels we got are pretty handy." (Y/n) informed him, though she felt herself smiling brightly at just how much the prince cared for her.

She did want desperately to go back to Lurelin, but she also didn't want her personal issues to get in the way of the issues of the Domain. Sidon was it's prince, after all, so it was his duty to tend to all matters related to the Domain.

"Rainforests?" Sidon repeated as he cast a curious look back at her. There he was, the inquisitive Sidon (Y/n) knew, which made her giggle.

"They are called rainforests because it tends to rain a lot there. It is a different type of greenery than the one we have been seeing up until now, since the Faron region tends to be very warm and humid compared to the rest of Hyrule." (Y/n) explained, as Sidon slowly nodded, digesting this information.