19: The Korok's Game

Riding up the Zora River, (Y/n) had just finished making something on the ship that she wanted to show Sidon. Truth be told, she was quite nervous about arriving back to the Domain, so cooking was her way to sort of ease herself. So much has happened between her and Sidon that made (Y/n) anxious about everyone hearing the news about the two of them. She couldn't just announce: "Hey, I am your prince's soulmate, and I am not even a real Zora!"

What about her Hylian body? Sidon offered his room as a place where she could keep it for the time being, but the fact that she would have to be going in and out of it so often to watch herself would only accelerate the inevitable... The inevitable about having to tell everyone about their current connection.

Then there is the bad news concerning the Ocean Zora. (Y/n) was worried how the Council would react to it, and what they would do as a result. She just had a feeling they weren't the most friendliest of people, and that they would take the news badly. She did not want Sidon getting into any trouble, he already had enough on his plate!

Shaking her head, (Y/n) then refocused her attention in sharing the dish she had just made with Sidon. They will burn that bridge when they get to it, there was no use in fretting about it now.

"Tada! A bonafide fish pot pie with a buttery crust! It doesn't get any tastier than this!" (Y/n) chirped as she then went to show off the tasty dish she had cooked to the prince, whose full attention then went to the dish, his pupils going to widen in size as he looked over the pot pie.

(Y/n) had never saw his eyes do such a thing before, so it took her by surprise. His pupils took a more round shape, making him appear to have puppy eyes. Since it was something that just happened with the dish she just presented, she assumed it meant that Sidon found the dish delicious on sight.

"Here, have a bite!" (Y/n) encouraged with a laugh, going to hand over a fork to him, which was admittedly quite small in his hands.

Up until this point, they ate food straight off of wooden stakes or bowls they would just sip from. These utensils were (Y/n)'s very own that she had packed for the journey, so they were made with much smaller hands in mind.

Sidon took one glance at the utensil, then laughed softly at how the fork barely fit one of his hands. "(Y/n)... Do we have a bigger fork?... I am afraid I can not get a good grip on this to eat the food..."

"The only other "fork" bigger than our utensils is your Lightscale Trident, and I am not sure it would be appropriate to use such a revered weapon for an utensil." (Y/n) joked with a laugh, causing Sidon to shake his head with a chuckle. "No, it would not. I suppose I can try..." Sidon hummed, once again eyeing the tiny fork. He then proceeded to hold it in an awkward way so his index finger and thumb were holding the utensil.

To say the sight was comical would be an understatement. The way his eyes looked so concentrated trying to hold the fork with his fingers, combined with the cute way he would bite his lower lip as he tried to shakily stab a piece out of the pie with the tiny fork... it was all a recipe guaranteed to give (Y/n) a fit of the giggles. This made the prince lose his concentration with a bashful blush. "...When we get back to the Domain, I am demanding we make forks bigger than this. This is absurd." He mumbled under his breath.

Due to the Zora's traditional cuisine, there was never need for utensils, unless you were a picky minnow.

"...Maybe it would be better if I fed it to you." (Y/n) suggested with a soft smile, regaining her composure as she swiped the fork from him, going to get a piece from the pot pie with the fork.

(Y/n) then went to stretch her arm as high as she could to feed the piece to Sidon, though she couldn't quite reach, even with a frustrated hop. She may have underestimated just how tall Sidon really was in comparison to her, even as a Zora.