12: Morfran, Prince Of The Abyss

When (Y/n) arrived back at the inn, she noticed that Kodah and Kayden were giving her a knowing smile, which made her tilt her head at them.

"Um, why are you two looking at me like that?" (Y/n) questioned, as the couple laughed to themselves. "Oh, nothing. Go get some sleep, dear." Kodah waved off, her smile still not convincing (Y/n) as she went to head to bed to sleep.

"She has got it bad!" Kayden whispered to his wife with a chuckle, the two holding back snickers.

"I am just waiting for the day she comes to us wanting advice on how to handle this situation." Kodah mused to her husband.

"Well, these things do take time to handle. I know it took us a lot of time." Kayden smiled as he recalled when the two first got together.

"Yes, but it's not quite the same thing, now is it? She is in love with the prince, and is in complete denial." Kodah softly shook her head. "It's a bit more complicated... So when the time comes, we have to tread lightly." She proclaimed with a firm nod.

"Understood. I do not want this whole issue to drag on unnecessarily like it did with Finley and Sasan." Kayden agreed.

While the two continued to chat quietly amongst themselves, (Y/n) found herself falling into a deep dream, the darkness surrounding her before she was blinded by a light. This occurrence would always happen right before she was going to have one of those strange dreams of the strangers.

(Y/n) found herself in a location that looked vaguely familiar to her. There were water fountains in the area, and a whole arrangement of different flowers near the fountains. She was pretty sure she was in this kind of location before... With Sidon, on their short journey together.

Near the fountain stood those two strangers, Rauru and Sonia, having tea together while sitting on the edge of the fountain, a few Hylians staring at them in awe. (Y/n) noted that they were staring at Rauru in particular, murmuring softly to each other.

Rauru seemed to have noticed their stares, his long ears lowering. He must have felt like a spectacle, the way the others were looking at him.

"I have been here quite a number of times already, yet everyone still looks at me like that." He murmured softly to Sonia, who gave him a sympathetic smile. "It is not everyday a Zonai is seen."

"Even so... I am not quite sure it is just that..." Rauru frowned as his ears would twitch. He appeared... Self conscious, in a way.

"Perhaps, but do not let it bother you." Sonia smiled at him, as she brought her tea cup up to her lips. "Rather, let us continue to have our usual conversations. How has your sister been?" Sonia questioned him, which made (Y/n) perk up. Rauru had a sister? Could she be a Zonai, too?

"From when I last saw her, good. Mineru was busy tinkering with a Zonai device. It is supposed to make traveling long distances much easier. Knowing her, she will succeed, and I'd be able to see her more often in Faron." Rauru smiled softly at talking about his older sister, before he took a sip from his own tea cup.

"How splendid. Maybe you will be able to travel with something besides that peculiar scooter of yours." Sonia giggled softly with a gentle, teasing smile, which made Rauru immediately blush in embarrassment.

This made (Y/n) curious. What was the story behind this scooter of Rauru's that seemed to be so embarrassing? What even was a scooter?

"I-It's a work in progress..." He murmured.

Sonia seemed to want to ease up on him, her eyes going to look around the assortment of flowers surrounding them. "Alright, how about I tell you about how we have found a new type of flower?" She smiled, her eyes going to peer at a lone golden flower that stood out from the rest.