3 • Change in Pace

I roll my eyes. "I might be more inclined to try your way if you'd untie me."

"Do you really want that? Or are you feeling...
excitement alongside your fear?"

I can't read him but he can sure read me. I hate that. I am so bored with my life, bored with the way I use my Quirk, bored with the heroes around me. Each day I feel more and more outcast, like I'm the only one with eyes in the whole damn profession. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to try something new. I hate myself for staying a hero, so it's not like switching sides could be any worse. I'm unhappy, and how am I to feel satisfied if I don't take a risk and explore a different avenue?

Plus he's taken the time to lay this out for me. He clearly wants more from me, or else he'd have killed me the moment I expressed reserve. He doesn't seem like the type to spare lives when he doesn't feel he benefits from them. He's toying with me... and I think I'm starting to like it. What the fuck is wrong with me? Am I this desperate for change?

"What will it take for you to free me from these ropes?"

"Let's start with begging. I don't feel convinced."

"Oh? I thought you were supposed to be the one convincing me."

Out of nowhere he grabs my throat.

"Don't get smart with me. Where's that kind smile I saw you shine so much while I was watching you from the shadows, hero?"

It's true that I've been faking my confidence, thinking it might be the only way to remain unscathed in this encounter. However as more time passes, as I grow more upset with myself and allow my thoughts to consume me, I feel more tired. It's obvious I'm not leaving here tonight so it might just be easier on myself to cut the act and give in.

Sinking into the couch I realize that his stare is making me feel... warm. Deep in my stomach. The fear is... turning me on. No one has ever looked at me like he does, offering to help me while at the same time expressing dominance and control.

My thoughts are yet again interrupted when Dabi picks me up.

"We're taking this upstairs. I'm getting tired of talking to you when my words aren't getting us anywhere."

Carrying me up a narrow set of stairs we turn a corner and enter his room. It's dark, not much in here besides a bed, first aid supplies, and a fuck ton of clothes strewn about. Tossing me on the bed he walks over to the door and locks it, then turns to lean on the door and look at me in silence. I stare back at him, my eyes widen with excited fear and I move as far away from him as I can on the bed, shrinking myself towards the wall.

"Aw did locking the door scare you? It should." 

He takes a few steps towards the bed.

"You should be afraid of me

"You should be afraid of me."