9 • Confrontation

I can't believe I got in. And I did it without hurting someone.. too much. For some reason I couldn't wait to tell this to Dabi. I dirtied my own hands thank you very much.

As Shigaraki announces to the group, I send a few glances Dabi's way, but he's never looking back at me. I keep staring, pleading for attention with my eyes until Toga screams out. I watch her jump up and down. At least someone's excited for me.

Dabi doesn't even look my way before he's gone up the stairs. What the fuck? After he left me a wanting mess last night, after he marked my body to show I'm his... was that all a ruse? An excuse to get a quick fuck, figuring I'd never make it this far? I was so excited I did... not just for me but for him too. I made this change, I feel something new inside, only because of him. How stupid I am for yet again having expectations of a guy who kills people without hesitation. How dumb am I to think there was more to the sex we had. But I guess I'm not like these other villains here, I'm a boring healer.

The one silver lining in this moment is getting my own room. I've always hated living alone and my last landlord was a dick. Since formally joining the ranks, I met Kurogiri (well, officially) and he was kind enough to transport some of my personal items from the life I was leaving behind.

I decided to distract my disappointment by unpacking my room. I can't believe I'm here. I would't have believed it if you told me a week ago I'd hang up my cape to live with a bunch of villains. Honestly I don't relate to that version of myself any more... always wallowing in self pity without doing a damn thing to change it.

On second thought... I'm not sure I can say I did a damn thing at all. It was Dabi who found me, who saw past my public persona, who offered me a choice at a different lifestyle. I'm here because of him and now it's like he doesn't give a shit. I feel so ashamed in myself for even having these thoughts.

You know what, no I'm actually really fucking pissed. Fuck being disappointed! I'm not stupid, he is! Patch faced motherfucker thinks he's all that.

I march over to his room and barge in without knocking.

"So what the fuck is up..with... you..."

My sentence cut short seeing Dabi lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling wearing only his boxers. His hand resting on his hipbone, his fingers dipped below the waistband. The scars on his body are captivating. His chest and stomach so pure and pretty while his neck and torso are stapled upright. His appearance doesn't scare me, if anything it turns me on. He's unlike anyone I've ever met.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes you fucking can. You can tell me what your deal is."

I'm met with a silent stare. Alright I'll play his game. I stare back as intimidating as I can. Minutes creep by. Silence. I really am stupid. Chasing a feeling that was something to me and shit to him. Nothing was said yet in this moment I feel utterly defeated. I let out a disappointed sigh and turn to leave.

"Y/N wait."

Dabi gets up and walks my way. I feel my heart beat faster. Eager for him to talk to me, to touch me, to look at me... and he walks past me to shut the door. He turns back with such an intense look it makes me retreat until I bump into the wall behind me. He follows and towers over me placing his right hand on the wall, above my head.

Against my own wishes I speak, feeling the need to fill the awkward silence.

"Why do you hate me?"

I'm surprised to see his look change to that of confusion.

"Why do you think I hate you?"

"Are you serious?" I whine as if I'm a toddler. "If you just wanted a fuck you could've said so. After all that's happened this week I'm finally in, and it seems you could care less." 

My eyes dart to the ground. I bite the inside of my cheek holding back tears. Now I just want to leave. I should have never came in here in the first place.

"Whatever I don't need you to care." I mutter with a shaky breath trying to move past him to leave the room.

He stops me. His arms trap me there when his other hand slides onto the wall, next to my waist. His stare is the same but I can feel the tension rising between us. I can no longer hide the desperate longing in my eyes with false wit and confidence. Please say something. Please touch me. Please want me.

He leans in closer, hovering, his breath mixed with mine.

"I care."

Before I can react he crashes our lips together. I can't help but moan into him, my body flooded with relief. Our tongues swirl, a brief fight for dominance until I go slack under his touch and let him devour me. My heart jumps up and down in my chest. He breaks the kiss but stays close enough for our lips to brush.

"I hated that I cared. I don't care, about anything.
Yet here you are making me think things and shit."

He makes me feel so confused - despite being paired with a kiss I can't tell if his words are good or bad.

"Sorry. I guess I was just looking for change and thought you might be it."

"I want to be it ", Y/N, but I'm fucked in the head.
I'm not good at emotions and all."

"I know. It was my fault for projecting and expecting something I knew couldn't happen."

For the first time I watch Dabi's face frown. As much as he gets off hurting me, his thoughts tell him he doesn't want to hurt my heart.

"No. It's my fault.

I want to look at your pretty face forever,
so much I piss myself off."

Eyes wide, the corners of my lips rise. "Please Dabi I want to be yours. I don't care what you do to make that happen."

"Even if it hurts you?"

"I like it when it hurts. I like every feeling you give me. I'm a little fucked up too."

His hand runs through my hair pulling me into another deep kiss. My worries dissolve into his lips and I hear the words I've been craving all day.

"You really are my good girl."