11 • Warming Up

After a long while I pull back a little to look him in the eyes.

"Come on, let's sit on the bed and I'll clean you up."

He moves before me and sits leaning up against the headboard. I straddle his lap and take a damp rag to clean the blood off his face before healing all the wounds I can. No matter how hard I've tried, I can't repair his scarred purple skin.

I softly trace my fingers across his jaw and down his collarbone, leaning in to kiss his neck. I feel him tense up once more, the affection feeling foreign to him. Everyone is scared of Dabi, but I feel like deep inside he's a hurt boy begging to be seen.

I don't realize how right my intuition is until Dabi finally breaks the silence.

"Can I tell you a secret?"

"Always"

"My name is not really Dabi. It's Touya. Touya Todoroki."

Learning to endure so much tragedy as a healer, I'm able to conceal my shock. Todoroki... as in the number 2 hero -  Endeavor?? I fear if I say the wrong thing it will clam him up, so I hold his face and wait for him to continue.

"I saw him today. My bastard of a father. I want to fucking kill him. To bring him unfathomable pain and suffering, but..."

He trails off, hesitant before opening up.

"He didn't recognize me."

My heart breaks hearing the tone of his voice. He's never spoken this softly before. I have so many questions but now is not the time.

"Fucking stupid to think he would, looking like this, but he wasn't supposed to be there. It was supposed to be All Might, not him. He's not even a fucking teacher, so
what the fuck was he doing there?

The volume of his voice getting louder, shifting from affliction to anger. It looks like he wants to say more but the words are trapped in his throat.

Meanwhile I have nothing to say because I know my words won't help him right now. Instead I lean into him and rest my head into his chest, snaking my arms behind his lower back to pull myself closer to him.

We stay like that for a while, in silence, in each others arm. My body rising up and down on his chest with each shallow breath he takes. I'm almost nodding off when Dabi's sudden confession perks me up.

"It feels good knowing you're here.
Knowing I can come home to you."

I was expecting that to be paired with a dirty comment but he continues.

"Even though I'm too ruined to be healed by you. Your presence makes me feel something I can't put to words"

"You're not ruined. I like you exactly how you are."

The first words I've spoken since he's shared his truth and he stares at me with longing eyes, a look I usually wear for him. It hurts me that no one's ever told him that. I feel an anger inside me that I didn't know was possible. I want to kill anyone who's ever made him feel like this.

He tells me more about what he went through before he was a scarred villain decorated with staples. I'm so surprised at his flow of honesty that I can't tell if he's doing it for him or for me. It's like he wants me to know. Wants me to know more about him than what he's shown me.

"I was discarded, forgotten about. No one even came looking for me that day. I waited and waited until
I was burnt to a crisp half dead on the ground."

I look at him with soft eyes even though I want to frown, but I decide he doesn't need to feel more sorrow.

"I've always thought I was too gross. That it'd be better to burn the world down by myself. But what's the world without my pretty girl next to me."

I blush in his lap when he leans closer to me with a seductive expression.

"My pretty girl I can fuck while society crumbles to ashes around us

"My pretty girl I can fuck while society crumbles to ashes around us."

I'm absolutely flustered by his remarks, but it somehow calms me. I'm relieved to hear him returning to his smug self. I hate seeing him lost in pain.

He's never looked at me like this before, but I can't say I don't like it. He's obviously the dominant one in this relationship, but the way he looks at me all soft is making me swoon.

I want to live in this moment with him forever, but we're interrupted by an abrupt call to action from Shigaraki downstairs.

"That dry faced bastard..."

I laugh, smiling at the confidence returning to his voice. We're about to head downstairs when Dabi turns to me.

"Damn I've really trained you well, doll"

I look up at him perplexed at the sudden statement.

"Sir... you can call me that more often."