8 • More Than Flames

{A/N} Ooo Dabi POV in this one y'all!

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

A week has passed. Dabi reported back to Shigaraki on our encounter with the Yakuza, but the leader still makes it clear he doesn't trust me. I'm not allowed to leave the bar without permission which I have yet to be granted. I was given a room on the floor above, but told not to get comfortable since I'm merely a visitor. I feel like I'm on house arrest just waiting to be summoned.

"We have work to do today." Shigaraki's gathered us all downstairs.

"Y/N. Your job is to recruit 1 person today. Bring them here however you wish, but return empty handed and you're out. Do it and you're in, even if I find them worthless. I for one am not afraid to kill." He glares at me.

"Hey now we can't judge on body count.
Spinner here has yet to kill a single person."
Dabi seems to jump to my defense.

"That's because last time I was trapped!!"

"Yeah sure. What about all the other times?"

Dabi really knows how to push buttons around here.

"Should I go with her boss, make sure the little mouse doesn't run off."

Shigaraki looks suspiciously at Dabi and then back at me.

"No you're staying here. If you set any more fires the heroes will catch on. Chill." he smirks at himself.

"Whatever at least I'm actually doing something."

"Dabi you never even bring anyone back... you just like to burn things." Toga snarks.

"Shut it, you maniac. Then who the fuck is she?"
He gestures my way.

I watch in silence as they bicker back and forth. Some real characters in here. My observations interrupted by Shigaraki pulling me aside to give me instructions. I can feel Dabi staring at us from across the room.

┈┈୨♡୧┈┈
DABI'S POV

Fucking Shigaraki. Who is he to tell me I can't go with Y/N. And these other asshole clowns won't shut up.

"I'm over this. You know where to not find me." If I can't burn shit, I'd rather be alone in my room.

I could never tolerate other people. They're annoying. Or they're boring. Heroes all the same, chasing shallow dreams of wealth and control. I won't let these fakes tell me how to use my flames. I won't let that happen again.

I crash onto my bed, the ropes from last night lying where Y/N slept. I've been rough with her but that's just how I am. Yet... this feels different than the one night stands I've fucked in the past. I've never been one to think but with her, my mind is occupied. Honestly it pisses me off. I just wanted some entertainment but now I can't get her out of my head. Hearing how she feels made me realize she's just like me. I recognized her masked apathy because I feel the same boredom with life. Although my boredom drives me to kill but what can I say, we all have our vices.

I can't distract my thoughts while I'm stuck in this room. Seeing her bloody hands, and her bloody ass... and the way she smiled that night. Fuck. Messed up girls are the prettiest. Better yet she wears a kind, gentle appearance despite forcing out confidence; it makes me want to fucking ruin her.

I like the soft look in her eyes when she opens that smart mouth. She's not just one thing, and that intrigues me. Everyone in this society is flat, one dimensional, boring. Except for her.

Y/N doesn't realize the potential she has as a villain. I bet that's the true reason why she can't deal with heroes. She mistakes her detachment for boredom, which isn't necessarily untrue. But she wants to be free from society's crushing rules and do what she wants to do, not realizing that makes her the epitome of an anti-hero. A villain in the making.

That's why she caved so easily despite my threats. Despite death and fear she was fucking aroused. I had her begging before the end of the night.

I want to do bad things to her. I want to do bad things with her. I want to burn the world from the inside out and turn to see her smile. Fuck her over the ruins of the city until she's crying for me to stop. I want to give her the world she longs for, and fuck her so she's satisfied.

I'm distracted by loud yells and talking downstairs. You've gotta be fucking kidding me, can't a man get his dick hard in peace. I'm annoyed until I hear Y/N's voice among the others.

Descending the stairs I see Toga's the one screaming. Fucking christ she gives me a headache.

"Another worthless wanna be. But she did what was asked so I guess she's part of us now." Shigaraki adresses the group.

I feel my chest tighten. What is this...

"YAY!!! I'M NOT THE ONLY GIRL!!" Toga's scream is so shrill. Why do I tolerate these idiots.

It's not like I want to, I do what I must in order to inch towards my revenge. It's not like I want to think about Y/N but I can't shut my brain up.

And now she's in. Why do I feel something about this... I can't face her right now, this burning in my chest with no outlet. That deranged hand-wearing motherfucker is preventing my only source of release...

I can't deal with any more mental gymnastics tonight. Staring at the floor, I'm already retreating up the stairs.