15 • Burnt Out ✧*

{A/N} Trigger Warning: Praise AND Degradation!!!

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

So much has happened between Dabi and I. It's been an emotional rollercoaster but I'd gladly ride it again and again. In the days passed my heart has grown lighter from the little ways Dabi's opened up to me.

Shigaraki still doesn't fully let his guard down around me. He's sending me on all these solo missions, part of me feels stuck again. I'm back to taking orders and doing someone else's dirty work.

After a long day of healing, I drag my feet up the stairs. It's my turn to go to Dabi's room looking slumped. He's lying in bed on his phone.

I'm too drained to feel some type of way about how he's looking at me

I'm too drained to feel some type of way about how he's looking at me. With a long pause to sort my thoughts, I lean against the closed door and cross my arms.

"It's just- I- Shigaraki just- fuck! How is this any different than before? I want to do what *I* want but that's been such a fantasy for me it feels like a stupid pipe dream."

I've relaxed more with Dabi, no longer masking my true self. I think it's because I've discovered there's more to him than this edgy murderous persona.

"I'm about ready to slice him up and make him beg for me to heal him. What does he even do? He just gives orders left and right as we face defeat."

"It's cute when you act tough and mean."

"I am tough and mean!!"

I stick my tongue out at him. He stands up and makes his way over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. The pressure I feel when he holds me tight... it's like he's my personal weighted blanket.

"I feel like I'm just a dog. Following orders while the boss plays video games. He's-he's a man child! With no real conviction! What the fuck is up with that? What are we the league of, losing??"

"Yeah, when he's the one planning these shitty missions. Although I've gotta say I enjoy watching you
argue with him. It's hot seeing you all mad."

"I swear I'll punch his face in. That ugly hand included."

Dabi laughs and it washes a sense of relief over me. He brushes a strand of hair off my face and tucks it behind my ear, before resting his hand on my cheek. When did he get so gentle... I lie my head in his hand, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.

His hands make their way around my neck. He's not squeezing (yet), just holding me close by my throat.

"Listen Y/N. The League is a means to our end right now. We have to sustain until we gain enough strength and find the right timing to flip society on its head. And the right time to stick it to my bastard of a father."