Thirty Eight- Happily ever after?

Done- Chapter 38/Happily ever after?

"What do you mean?" I asked Ares. We were officially married, and I still hadn't processed everything.

"Well... we are married. Aren't we?" He responded while looking over to where my father was.

"I mean yes, but not because I wanted to. You basically sabotaged my real wedding." I yanked my arms out of his hold and stepped back, but I was held again by Ares.

"Oh please, we both know that wedding was anything but real, and for the rest of the shit you said, we will talk later about it all." He started walking down the aisle but not before stopping and saying some words to my father and Sebastian's.

"Thank you both for joining us. Now that my job here is done, I will like to spend some time with my wife. As for the rest of you, you will be locked up in my pretty little basement, which I'm sure will not be to your liking, but I'm not here to impress any of you. And don't even worry about Sebastian, I'm sure he's having a blast in hell." With that, we continued walking down the aisle until we made it inside of the house once again.

"Do you need to take anything from here?" Ares asked me, and I was surprised since I didn't  think he could care so much about me. In all honesty, I didn't have a single thing I wanted to keep from this house. They were all just going to make me remember the shits I had to go through with my father.

I silently shook my head no and off we were. Ares men were all surrounding the house. The car started moving and off we were. In the distance tho I could see some men dragging my father and Sebastian's father, my mother, on the other hand, was in the corner seeing all of this go down.

"Don't worry, my love, your mother is safe and sound, and will be until you say otherwise. But I'm sure she's not the villain here." Ares murmured while looking down to his phone.

"Please don't let anything bad happen to her, Ares." I begged as I looked back to see she looked relaxed with Ares' men.

"Don't worry, sweetheart." And that was the end of that conversation. Ares didn't talk for the rest of the ride to his house. It was so quiet that I could hear the driver's breathing. Ares was laid back, his phone on his hand. In the meantime while I was waiting to get to our destination my mind started to process all of today's events.

I was supposed to marry Sebastian, and now I don't even know where he ended up. Instead I married my biggest enemy, the guy I despise, the guy I've been trained my whole life to kill and to take down. How did we end up here? How did I end up here, in this situation? I betrayed my father and our mafia, but in reality I Ares saved me. It was evident that I didn't want to marry Sebastian. So... is he really the bad guy here?

If I've been taught my whole life that Ares was the bad guy, why has he done something relatively nice... and for me? My father was the one that obligated me to do things I didn't want... and for what? I've been his puppet all along, it just took me one thing to realize that, better said a person. It took Ares to come into my life and save me from what was holding me back to notice, finally, how the real villain in this story was my father.

With that realization I looked to my side where Ares was sitting and I saw him in a new light. Yes, I still disliked him but I understand now, that I stopped hating him long ago. Ares has never put me through true evilness, not now, not before. I had to stop looking at Ares, I felt like I wanted to break down, cry my eyes out and laugh at the same time. My life was entirely fucked but it was funny. I had to get help from my enemy against my father... my own father.

I let out a chuckle without even noticing, and that caught Ares' attention. He looked at me, his eyebrows furrowed. "What so funny?"

"How fucked up all of this is. I mean come one, I had to get help from my enemy, you to go against my father. Do you get that? Wow wow." I started laughing more and more, but I slowly felt my eyes water, and then a tear started falling down my cheek.

"God, I'm sorry. I don't mean to put you in an uncomfortable situation where you have to see me cry and laugh at the same time like a maniac." I explained myself.

"Scar, you don't ever have to be sorry about anything. It's okay, let it all out. You are in a safe place now." My jaw fell to the floor. I couldn't process this version of Ares, I couldn't process the niceness.

"What's up with that new nickname?" I asked, trying to change the conversation into something lighter. "I'm not your love anymore?"

"Oh don't worry, you are still and always will be my love, but I noticed you got a tiny scar right under your chin." He swiped his thumb over it. "Looks faded, but it seems like that holds some memories to it, and I'm guessing it has to do with your father."

"Well, Mr. know it all, I'll have you know that you are totally wrong." I looked the other way, out the window. "And also, don't act like you know me, because you don't."

"That doesn't mean I don't want to get to know you now." He added.

"What makes you think I want you to get to know me tho?" I turned back around with my eyebrows furrowed.

Suddenly Ares' got close to me and his hand was now on my cheek, his thumb drawing little circles close to the apple of my cheek. Without even noticing it, I leaned into his touch. His mouth now was right next to my ear, his breath hot. "Your words certainly don't make me think you want me to get to know you, but your responses to my touch do."

With that he went back to his sit and his hand left my cheek. I now noticed we got to Ares's house. I sighed deeply, closing my eyes. I heard Ares' door close, and when I opened my eyes again I saw the driver through the rear view mirror with a smile on his face. I gave him one of my owns, and rolled my eyes in a silly way, making him laugh. I chuckled and opened my own door and walked up to Ares.

He kept on walking to the entrance of the house once he saw that I was at his side. I followed right after.

"Scarlett take a seat on the living room, we have to talk." Well oh shit.

heyy my loves!!! what do y'all think of this new chapter?! love you all!!

liz💗