3. Mates don't exist

Lucy POV

I didn't know what was happening to me. The tingles that I felt on my skin everytime Derek touched me, the butterflies in my stomach. I never believed in butterflies , it seemed stupid the idea of feeling butterflies in your stomach. It was weird and amazing at the same time . I felt so protected and desired with every touch of Derek.

What was wrong with me? I didn't even know that guy, and his eyes changed colour , and now he was bleeding helding my hand.

"Who are you?" Deaton asked me widening his eyes.

"Lucy Stilinski, Stiles cousin?" I shrugged.

He just shook his head as if shaking his thoughts.

Derek didn't move , I tried to listen if he was breathing.

"What is happening to him? He isn't moving, is he okay?" I asked Deaton who smiled lightly.

"Don't worry, he isn't in much pain now, that's why he relaxed."

"What does that mean? " But my question remained not answered because Stiles and Scott came in.

Deaton mixed something and applied it to Derek's arm.

"We must leave." Stiles reminded me of what I was doing there. Why was I staying worried about someone that I didn't know?

I knew strange things were happening, maybe there was something supernatural like the books that I had read.  I just wanted something to believe that there was magic, that there was hope.

...........................................................

Derek POV

I woke up relieved in Deaton's clinic. The last thing I remembered was talking to that girl. The one I found at my old house. Why did I have that feeling whenever I touched her? Like tingles? It was scary. The only explanation might be that she is supernatural like us. Judging by the fact that all the women in my life turned out to be the opposite of what I thought they were, I had to be careful with this one.

"Derek, how do you feel?" Deaton asked.

"Better. Thank you. Who brought me here? I don't remember much."

"Scott and Stiles, and a girl, apparently Stiles cousin." That's why she smelled like them.

" The girl, does she know what I am? " I got up wearing the blooded shirt.

" No, she doesn't. But there is something not normal with that girl. "

" I knew it. Do you think she is a druid or a witch, banshee or something? " I was really hopping no. Why was I hopping in the first place?

" No. I think she is human. But yesterday happened something really weird with you two. "

Deaton was checking the pages of some book .

"What do you mean with us two, me and her? "

" Well there is something in the world of werewolves , but this is different since she is a human, but she can be turned if she doesn't die from the bite. "

" You are confusing me. "

I sighed irritated.

" You know how strong is the connection between an alpha and his beta and with the pack. It exists a stronger relationship between an wolf and his mate. I think she may be your mate. "

" My what? No way! " The vet must have gone crazy . There was no mate.

"What do you feel when you are next to her?" He asked me watching every move of mine.

"Nothing!" I answered avoiding eye contact. What I felt might be sexual tension nothing more, that would explain the tingles and other sensations.

"Ok, If you say so. But she is the one who helped you recover, she took all the pain away yesterday without even understanding what she did. Just by touching your hand ."

"She touched my hand?" I widened my eyes in surprise.

"No you touched hers." Deaton turned his back .
W

hat was wrong with me?

"Anyway we must discuss this with Scott and Stiles. If there is something supernatural about her ." He continued . I was confused. She can't be my mate. Mates don't exist.

.........................................................................

LUCY POV

"Hey!" I raised my head finding Malia in front of my desk.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Why are you worried? I can smell your anxiety from far away,it's disturbing?" She really was forward when she spoke. She just said what she thought, but used a  funny vocabulary.

" Is that something you use in here, you can smell my anxiety?" I smiled. I don't know why I was worried about Derek. I wanted to know if he was fine.

 I wanted to know if he was fine