6. Theo

Lucy POV

Did he say werewolf? As in half human half wolf? What was a druid? Derek was Stiles and Scott's friend , that's why they were weird all the time. Do they know about the existence of werewolves , druids, banshee i think he said and that other thing that I didn't remember the name?

I entered Stiles room and went directly towards the red strings. There were photos, names and arrows. Theo Raeken , there was an arrow, then written 'not werewolf'. What did that mean? Who was Theo Raeken?

I observed the weird pictures and writings but I didn't figure out anything. It was too complicated.

Then I searched on the internet about werewolves. There were only fiction stories that young writers published.

When I searched about druids I found out they acted as priests, teachers, philosophers, doctors. It was kind of a shamanic religion that relied on the contact with the spirit world and holistic medicines to treat illnesses.

Maybe they were kind of witches, I wasn't sure if the internet was right.
I couldn't remember the other word he said, the third word to look it up.
And there was nothing about banshee.
I had to ask Stiles and Scott , maybe not directly , I had to find a way to make them spill the beans about all this werewolf and druid thing.
........

In one of my classes I met him , Theo Raeken. He was seated right in front of me. I didn't know who he was until our advanced literature teacher Mrs. Hoechlin drew his attention.

"Mister Raeken, read the last verse of the poetry by Robert Frost. " The teacher asked him, I could see only the back of his head.
Raeken. Was he Theo Raeken or some sibling?

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep,

And miles to go before I sleep." He read emotionlessly, reading it fast.

" Who is gonna tell me his or her opinion on this verse?" The teacher asked. I had to draw his attention, I had to find out if he was Theo .

I raised my hand among maybe five or six other students.

" Miss Thompson." Miss Hoechlin chose one of the girls. We all turned our heads waiting for her to speak. She flipped her hair with a winning smile winking at the guy who sat in front of me. I could see his profile since the girl sat two rows on my left. He was handsome, maybe she was flirting with him because he smirked.

"Well, this poem is about a traveler on his horse during winter. And he can't sleep because he needs to reach home fast. One , because it's too cold he may die. And two because maybe he promised someone , his wife or his lover that he will go back. " The girl, whose surname I forgot raised her chin as if she was the smartest person on earth.

What she said was so superficial, or maybe I was taking it seriously since it was my favourite verse from this poetry. When I was at my lowest and I had to encourage myself I always mentioned this verse.
I raised my hand as soon as she finished.

"Yes miss Stilinski? Do you have anything to add?" As soon as Miss Hoechlin said my surname, the guy turned his head and we locked eyes.

" I would like to add that this verse may be interpreted more deeply than the superficial traveling in the winter. Same as seasons on earth, we as persons experience these seasons as well. It may be at the same time as the winter or spring outside , or may be the opposite. This is the winter inside the person, when I say winter I say depression, anxiety, loss, pain. When someone is in that condition what do they see as their salvation? Death. Because we don't know what is beyond death.
The woods, death, mystery , salvation may be attractive , but the traveler has made some promises maybe to himself, maybe to other people. So he has to live, he has miles to go through life before he dies. "