20. Theo Raeken, that's what happened

Lucy pov

For the first time in my life I had the right to make a choice about my life. A choice that would be really important, and I wanted to be with Derek. I wasn't sure yet if Derek really liked me or he was kind of obligated to feel that pull towards me because of the mate bond. I couldn't control the way my body reacted when I was around Derek.
I don't know if I was brave enough or foolish enough to make the decision to stay with Derek.

"I.." As soon as I opened my mouth Deaton entered the door followed by Braeden.

"Scott we need to talk." Deaton said and all the attention that was on me earlier, now was on Deaton.

"Yeah, sure. Come on." Scott made his way to the kitchen and Deaton followed him.

"Derek can we talk for a minute?" Braeden signaled for him to go outside.

And I shouldn't care, I mean who was Derek anyway. I didn't know him for a long time and I had no right to be jealous.

But that girl, Braeden looked so strong and powerful. The scar that she had on her face showed how brave she must have been.

I wanted that kind of power to face Kate Argent who killed my parents. I wanted revenge, I wanted a reason to live. And If Derek wouldn't be that reason then I had to try alone. 

With my uncle and Stiles it would be easier to do whatever I had in plan. While Derek probably would keep me locked into his house and Peter would be my only friend.

Or maybe I was just jealous, I don't know. But I can't say it didn't hurt when Derek nodded and followed her outside, without turning his head to look at me. So full of himself, so sure I would choose him.

I forced a smile and turned to my uncle and Stiles.
"Well, should we go home? Can you help me take my things Stiles?"

They both widened their eyes in surprise not expecting my choice to be them.

"Yeah, sure. I'll  go grab your suitcase." Stiles climbed the stairs while me and my uncle went outside.

"I'll make sure you be protected, I promise you." My uncle smiled warmly patting my back.

I threw a look around finding Derek and Braeden at the corner of the house.  Derek's back was against the wall, his arms crossed in front of his chest, while Braeden was speaking, playing with a knife in her hands.

He was so focused on her that he didn't notice me walking away.

I opened the door of my uncle's car while my uncle sat on his driver's seat.

"Do you want me to take your suitcase with me or do I leave it at papa's car?" Stiles walked out pulling my suitcase.

"Put it in my car." My uncle told Stiles and at that moment Derek's eyes and attention was on us.

I looked at Stiles, trying not to get caught looking at Derek, but I could hear his heavy steps.

"What's going on here?" Derek put his arm around me and the car's door not allowing me to enter the car. My back was against the open car door.

"She is coming with me." My uncle announced, but Derek refused to take his arm off.

" She hasn't made her choice yet. " Derek insisted but it was Stiles this time who spoke.

"Oh she made her choice and you lost, dude." Stiles smiled walking towards his truck.

"What did you decide?"  Derek spoke through his teeth pushing me further against the door. Clearly knowing the effect his body had on me.