Where did Monoma run off to?

Class 1-B has been rather quiet ever since the training against Bakugou in the Gama sight, as well as the subsequent invasion of Overhaul and All for One on UA in another probing attack. The change in volume being that of Monoma, who since then has been oddly keeping to himself. Every day for the past week, when classes would end he would grab his hero suitcase marked number nine and exit the classroom. He did participate in voting to go to the Yusen Shidate onsen and spa in Iwate prefecture, a good five hours by bus north of UA, but outside of the class required voting he hasn't said much. Even when Itsuka had asked about it he avoided the question, saying merely that he was running late for something. In two days they head to Iwate but the lingering question of what Monoma is up to is still in their heads. What was he up to? Even some of the members of Class A are interested, which is odd though people like Katsuki and Shouto couldn't care less as to what the, "Copycat blonde nerd," is doing, as quoted by Bakugou.

Monoma had already left the dorms by the time the others had woken up and began breakfast. His running shoes have been the one to be used this morning, but Monoma hates running. This finally perked enough curiosity in Setsuna and Kinoko to go and investigate what their class VP is up to. While Itsuka attempted to talk some sense into the two of them, it didn't stop them from convincing Tetsutetsu and even Kirishima to tag along to see what was up. The resident red head of class 1-A only agreed because he was asked by Tetsutetsu, and because he was bored. The strong man of class A also brought his group of tagalongs, IE the Bakusquad minus Bakugou himself who was nowhere to be found. Midoriya trains every single morning from 5am till 10 so his absence isn't anything out of the ordinary. With the group of would-be investigators on the case, the detective squad (coined by Mina) begins trailing where Monoma could have gone off to.

"So, did he say anything about doing exercise or training?" Jirou asks, being probably the most intelligent one out of the group present. The silence from Setsuna, Kinoko and Tetsutetsu is a definitive 'No' on that one. "So we can either ask around your dorms, or scour the student lots looking for him. The training sights have been closed down for repairs so they definitely won't be there."

"Didn't stop Bakugou and Deku a few months ago when they went to throw hands." Kaminari says, "But with how much of a goody two shoes Deku is, I don't think they'll be there either."

"What about the gymnasium or the training yards?" Setsuna asks but she's shot down by Kirishima this time.

"That's were Bakugou and that All for One clone fought. That place is trashed too so they'll probably be at the training fields behind the dorms, that or the USJ but I don't think they went that far." Kirishima reasons, "Do either of you have his phone number?"

"I tried calling him but he didn't answer, it went straight to voicemail after the call connected." Kinoko answers, lifting her recent calls tab to show the failed call.

"So his phone is off, well let's go to the training yard by our dorms then the one closer to the upperclassmen dorms before heading to the tram to the USJ to see if they're there." Sero chimes in, finishing the planning phase for their little powwow. As they wander off towards the first spot they're going to check, a question that had been weighing on Sero's mind is asked by the man himself. "Hey, Tokage? Komori? How did your class react when Deku got abducted by his old man back in Kamino?"

"That's an odd question." Jirou responds, "I hadnt even thought of that even for our class."

"Monoma was oddly quiet when it first happened. Most of us were in shock, the first person to speak was Itsuka." Setsuna says, her tone slightly downtrodden remembering that event.

"What did she say?" Sero asks.

"Holy shit." Kinoko responds. "It's the only time she's ever said anything like that, she and a few others were crying as well. We couldn't hear what was being said on the television, only that he turned and extended a hand and snatched him from behind a broken wall."