Desire to Fix the past

Something Bakugou had said was troubling Izuku and not in the normal way. What would he want to discuss? Was it going to be about One for All? Questions like this wracked his brain at an ungodly hour in the morning. He laid on his bed being held tightly by Ochako and Eri the ladder of which had managed to shimmy herself between the two heroes and has now buried her face into his chest. He reaches his arm from behind Ochako and starts to stroke Eri's hair as she sleeps. Usually he would be awake at this time anyways training with All Might but right now he just enjoyed the company of the two most important girls in his life. He had no idea what Ochako's father would think if he were to show up that very moment or how his own mother will react to his adoption of Eri. Nevertheless, he shifted himself in their bed and moved Eri so that she was sleeping on top of his chest. Ochako felt him shift and inched closer, clinging on to him with all her might like a plush toy. He didn't consider Ochako a clingy girlfriend and certainly didn't complain when she was, he actually rather enjoyed it. He was touch starved and frankly so had Eri both for the same reason. Their quirks.

Izuku had his quirk stolen and then told that he was quirkless, this led to constant bullying and belittlement by his peers. His mother tried her best to help him but sometimes even her affection was painful. He wondered how things would have been different if they knew he possessed the single strongest quirks in all history. The irony was rich, the quirkless and weakest that they constantly bullied and harassed is destined to be the greatest and strongest. Much like himself, Eri had a similar destiny. Nighteye knew that the child sleeping soundly on Izuku's chest would be his successor. No matter which path Izuku chose to follow, good or evil, Eri would be there with him. She was born with an almost god like quirk, the power to turn back time on any living thing. Izuku didn't know the extent of the rewind quirk and theorised that it could even work on the user if they weren't careful. This quirk essentially allowed the user to give people immortality, but at what cost? She wiped her biological father from existence, was abandoned by her own mother and sent to the wolves den to suffer. Though she had gone 4 years without any gentle and affectionate contact it was still most of her life, much like it was with him.

A sudden hitched breath draws him from his thoughts and the feeling of a warm liquid seeping through his shirt solidified what he thought was happening. Eri is having a nightmare, Izuku sits up changing the way he is holding her. He held her close to his chest as she involuntarily cried from the nightmare she was having. The sudden shift from Izuku, roused Ochako from her sleep and she groggily looks up to see Izuku cradling Eri in his arms. She reaches her hand up and touches his arm letting him know she's awake. "Go back to sleep Ochako, it's fine." Izuku says as he rocks Eri in his arms trying to calm her. She sits up and kisses him on the cheek before getting out of their bed. She walks over to the music box that was on the dresser before opening it allowing it to play it's gentle tunes for the young girl to hear. From there she turns on a small noise maker on the bedside table playing the sounds of a gentle rain shower. She rejoins Izuku in their bed before motioning for him to give Eri to her, he does so without arguing. Once she's holding Eri she gently wipes the tears from her eyes before starting to hum along with the music box. It doesn't take long for Eri to fall back to a peaceful sleep, Izuku breathes a sigh of relief before sliding back under the covers and wraps his arms around Ochako's waist pulling her into him. She turns to her side and holds Eri close to her pressing her back up against Izuku's chest. "Sweet dreams Eri." She says kissing the top of the young girl's head, she nuzzles her head against the pillow and quickly falls back asleep a moment later.

"There's nothing you wouldn't do to protect them is there?" Nana asks, sitting on the edge of their bed, she leans over and places her hand on Eri's back in a motherly fashion.

"No, there isn't." Izuku whispers back getting Nana to smile at him.

"I must say that the display at the raid has impressed us. You went through all that trouble just to ensure that the innocence of the tenth will never be corrupted by evil. The second is surprised most of all." Nana explains floating over to Izuku's side of the bed and sitting back down on the edge.

"I would have killed him if Aizawa didn't intervene, you know that right?" Izuku asks.

"We all did, and frankly we wouldn't have blamed you for it. The fifth said himself that he would have taken the life of that monster in the first blow of that fight. But you didn't, you showed restraint and didn't kill out of anger for what he did. Your hands are free of blood like all hands should be. Not a single civilian or soldier or hero perished in that battle and you came out stronger for it. That isn't the reason why you wished to see me is it?" Nana asks noticing the tone shift in Izuku's voice.

"No, I need to know something." Izuku responds with a determined expression on his face.

"I'm a ghost Izuku, not a mind reader. You're going to have to tell me." Nana says with a deadpan face.

"I need to know the location of Shigaraki Izuku's and Shigaraki Ayame's grave. I think I can bring them back, to fix the wrongs of what my father did to them all those years ago." Izuku says widening the eyes of Nana, she looks at him shocked wondering what he means before he points to the horn on the top of his head. "Eri's quirk rewinds time on any living thing. Even remains of something or someone once living. I learned this when I took the quirk, for some reason when I take a quirk I know exactly what it can do but not how to use it." He says.

Nana pauses for a few moments pondering on what he was saying, there was a way to come back from death. She and all the other holders were taken before their time but now this was their chance to come back to the mortal coil. "I... I don't know where it is, you'd have to ask them first hand. I can tell you where mine is and where the 6th's is. Before you do that however, tend to the wounds that still plague the living. The eighth is still suffering from what was done to him. He should be tended to first, Toshinori's days are numbered with that wound but if it was healed and he was returned to a point before the injury he would have his quirk once again." Hearing this, Izuku almost throws off the covers but is stopped by Nana who points at the clock next to him. 4:37 AM it reads, Izuku lays back down in his bed looking up to the apparition. "It's time for me to go, but I will tell you where I am and where my master is. I was buried by Toshinori in the town of my birth, Osaka. My master is buried in north Sendai in a small forest just outside the city. I hope that you can bring us back Izuku, Your mother hasn't seen me in over 30 years." Nana says before leaning down and kissing the head of her grandson, without another word she turns and walks away fading back into the afterlife.

A mysterious note catches Izuku's eye the next morning. It is tied as if it was a scroll sitting on the bedside table with a single black ribbon across the middle of it. He raises an eyebrow seeing it before picking up the parchment and undoing the knot of the ribbon. "Midoriya Izuku. This is the location of my tomb. On the south face of Mount Fuji grows an ancient sakura tree. At the base of a tree lies a small crumbling monument with the Kanji for our name on the front. My wife to be is buried beside me. I hope we may see each other soon, love, Uncle Izuku." The note reads, Ochako notices Izuku holding the note before walking over to him and reading it as well.

"You have an uncle?" She asks reading the symbols on the note.

"Yes but he's been dead for 250 years. He was the first holder of One for All and who I have my first name from." Izuku answers before retying the parchment and placing it in his pocket.

"How did he write that note then?" She asks slightly off put by a note written by a deadman.

"I have no idea, but I know what I have to do though. We have a week before the cultural festival right?"

"Eight days actually." Ochako says looking at the assignment for their class act.

"I'm going to resurrect the previous holders... With this." Izuku says showing off Eri's quirk.

"Why are you doing this though? I know they have some importance but you haven't told me why."

"Because I'm trying to atone for my father's sins. He murdered all of them, and now I can bring them back. I can give back all the quirks he stole to their rightful owners and give quirks to those who don't have any. Nobody will have to suffer the life I did, I will make a society where everyone has a quirk and everyone is safe." he says with vindication.

"Well mister world's greatest hero, somebody is still asleep and needs their breakfast." Ochako says in a teasing manner pointing over at Eri.

"Let her rest some more, she had a long night. I'm gonna go get breakfast ready, want anything?" he asks.

"Omurice and this." Ochako says before leaning up and kissing him.