Gifted

Mirio and Eri search around the stage after the performance put on by class 1-A, all of the other students that attended Jirou's concert. Izuku and Ochako talking with Momo, Jirou and Katsuki after the concert. Iida having to rub Aoyama's back as he vomits into a trash can from over using his quirk to be a human fireworks display. Eri sitting on Mirio's shoulders as they walk around the dressing rooms backstage. Eri sees her mom and floats off of Mirio's shoulders and floats towards her on her little nimbus cloud.

"Momma!!!" Eri exclaims, flying towards Ochako on her small white cloud. Ochako turns around and gives Eri a hug as the little girl practically flies into her.

"Hi Eri! Did you enjoy the show? We couldn't see you up on stage but you definitely saw us." Ochako says picking up the little girl and twirling her around once before setting her on her hip.

"It was Amazing! Daddy went Woosh! And went Ahhh! And light and colors and..." She starts rambling about all the things she liked about the show, her speech having gotten better and better with the speech therapy that Nejire and Mirio had been helping her with.

"I'm glad you liked it sweetheart, now I have something for you when we get back to the dorms and I know you'll like it." Izuku says walking over to them and ruffling his hand through his daughter's hair.

"Another kitty?!" Eri exclaims, the three of them laugh hearing her response.

"No no, we already have Aoi but it's something different." Ochako says as they start walking through the booths at the festival.

"Why no 2 kitties? Aoi lonely." Eri protests.

"I'll talk with Nezu about getting you another kitty, in the meantime. Problem child, there is someone here looking for you. A young man a bit older than Eri, I'm not sure if you know him but he seems to know who you are. He's by the Takoyaki stand near the front gates. Light brown hair, blue eyes looks about 9ish." Aizawa says walking up to them with a plate of Takoyaki.

"And you didn't lead him here?" Ochako asks, Aizawa takes a toothpick and stabs into one of the Takoyaki balls before popping it into his mouth.

"He was in line to eat one too." He says before starting to chew.

"Want to find out what this could be about? I wonder why he asked for me and me specifically." Izuku asks.

"Sure, I don't see why not. Maybe it's Kota-chan and Eri can make a new friend. How does that sound Eri?" Ochako asks, Eri nods a couple times before the three of them start heading towards the festival front.

Walking along the cultural festival, Ochako takes note of all the kids running around and playing with each other. She looks at Eri on her hip also looking at the other kids and wonders how they will act around each other. Hopefully she can make friends with some of them too, though Ochako is scared about how they would react however. Eri is a very delicate child, her mind shattered and her psyche damaged from what was done. Though she is almost six years old she still speaks like she's only three. She is afraid of how other kids would treat Eri because of what happened, having no idea why she is the way she is and that it isn't in her control. Her talks with Izuku shed light into his fears as well, he fears that no matter what he does he wont be able to help her heal from what happened. He talks with her, asking if she would want her memories of Him removed or erased. Though it would be a fix it would only be temporary, the best thing they could do for her would let her come to terms on her own. One day they will tell her the fate of Overhaul but it wasn't any time soon.

These thoughts bounce around her mind as she doesn't pay attention to the booths and vendors around her. She ponders on this, holding Izuku's hand with her off hand as they walk from the auditorium towards the entrance. Izuku points out a little boy with light brown hair and blue eyes standing near two adults talking to one another. His expression shows years of sadness and torment behind a forced smile. He looks up and sees Izuku before his expression changes drastically. He runs over to Izuku and looks up to the son of All for One much like Izuku once did to All Might.

"You were the little one looking for me right?" Izuku asks crouching down to eye level with the kid.

"Y-Yes sir. I'm Jun." He says introducing himself.

"Well Hi Jun, why did you want to meet me?" Izuku asks bowing to the young boy.

"W-well... It's just. I-I heard something A-All M-Might say about you on TV and I-I was hoping that y-you could g-give me a quirk." He says starting to break eye contact and look away from him.

"Why do you want me to give you one? If I'm going to give you one I need to know if you already have one or are going to use it to hurt people." Izuku says, this catches the attention of Jun who quickly backtracks and hurriedly tries to explain himself.

"I don't want to do that! I just want to have a quirk. I'm... I'm quirkless. And I thought that if I talked to you that you could give me a quirk so I can be a hero some day." Jun explains gesturing with his hands in a halting manner.

"I was like you once Jun, but you need to promise me that when I give you this quirk you are not going to use it to hurt whoever was bullying you." Izuku says lifting up the boy's chin to show a healed scar taking up most of his neck and burn marks near the side of his cheek.

"No. I won't." He replies, wiping a tear from his eye.

"Good. Hold still this might hurt." Izuku responds as he stands upright.

Jun watches Izuku's hand begin to turn black and burn with a strange green aura that causes a weird mirage in the air. He tenses up thinking of his bullies, one of which with a fired based quirk. This feeling is far different than the heat of the quirk he has been on the receiving end on. This feeling felt empowering, as if getting a taste on a well of infinite power and being granted a small portion of it. The feeling was as if someone placed something inside his head, it was uncomfortable but not painful. Izuku lifts his hand away from the top of Jun's head and the young boy looks up at him before looking at his hands.

"What did you do?" He asks looking at his hands.

"See for yourself. Point at this rock here." Izuku says lifting up a small stone that was slightly protruding from the ground.

Jun points his finger aiming at the small stone that was a part of the concrete pathway around UA's campus. His finger glows purple before an orb of light forms at the tip of his finger. The orb of light fires from his hand and collides with the small stone causing it to shatter in Izuku's hand. Jun looks shocked at what he did and starts to jump up and down with excitement. His mother and father come over to him seeing what has gotten him so happy.

"Jun? What's a matter? Why are you jumping up and down?" His mother asks.

"It's Deku! He gave me a quirk! He gave me a quirk!" He celebrates. Jun's mother, a woman with the same brown hair as her son in a long braid sitting on her left shoulder shifts her attention to Izuku.

"You gave him a quirk? How is that possible? Jun. Show me what quirk he gave you." His mother says.

"Allow me." Izuku responds, around them a few more pebbles and clumps of dirt suddenly glow green before being hoisted into the air thanks to a telepathy quirk. "Go ahead Jun. The name of your quirk is called Energy Beam." He says.

"I can do this Momma!" Jun exclaims, pointing his finger at a clump of dirt that Izuku is floating with his mind. Another purple bolt of energy fires from his index finger and shatters the dirt clod in mid air. Jun's mother looks stunned as her son turns around and zaps the other floating clods and pebbles with his new quirk.

"You can be a hero too." Izuku says walking forwards and placing his hand on Jun's shoulder. "Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. That quirk is yours and yours alone. It doesn't matter that you were quirkless, what matters is the fact You want to be a hero. I was quirkless too and I know what it was like. Put that behind you and never look back. Prove them all wrong and show the world that you can be a hero." Izuku says before standing back up, the young boy's eyes streaming tears of joy hearing these words.