Dragon at the Gates

Authors note: Before we begin, this chapter is rather short I know, but I have been doing this over my phone and I have been out of town for the last couple days. That being said the next several-ish parts of this book will be on the longer side nearing 5k-7.5k words in length for what I have planned.

Under the stars of the milky way Mahoro and Katsuma run through a corn field before coming to a stop in a small clearing. The two young children sit to catch their breath after running away from a very annoyed Bakugou.

    “Man, that Bakugou guy is a real jerk. Does he really think he's going to become the new number 1 hero?” Mahoro asks her little brother, breathing deeply as she catches her breath. 

    “I don't know Mahoro, he did come to save us.” He says looking up at his big sister. She doesn't reply for a moment, thinking of what he had said before asking him a question. 

    “Do you really wanna be a stupid hero?” Katsuma remains silent pondering this question and looking at his hands thinking about his quirk. “You know who the coolest Hero in the world is?” 

    “All Might?” Katsuma answers with a questioning tone in his voice. 

    “No, Daddy! He's the greatest.” She says with a smile. 

Somewhere in Japan

    “We love you Daddy, hope you have fun at work!” A recording of Mahoro says as she smiles at the camera, the light brown haired freckled man replays the video a couple times as he's stuck at a red light in Kyushu. Suddenly a large wolf and crocodile-like beast attacks the truck he is in destroying it. The man is thrown from the vehicle landing on the pavement and briefly losing consciousness from the force of the collision. As his consciousness comes back he sees a man in white suit walking towards him wearing a respirator and medical tubes in his back. 

“Finally, I have found it. Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you. I'm just going to take your quirk.” Nine says walking up to the wounded man on the ground, his eyes glowing an ominous yellow color.

    “I-I… What?!” The wounded man asks as Nine grabs him by the sides of his head and lifts him up. A green aura leeches from the brown haired man and into Nine as the man’s eyes roll back into his head and he collapses from the strain of having his quirk stolen. 

    Nine looks at his hands before raising them towards the sky, suddenly the quiet and peaceful night sky are blotted out by ominous clouds. Nine’s eyes flash blue for a moment as he moves his hand towards the ground. Behind him, lightning strikes the buildings causing them to begin to collapse. Wild hurricane force winds whip through the city, positive lightning bolts discharge into the buildings, cars and the pavement itself leaving horrific destruction in its wake. The city is reduced to a burning smoldering disaster zone in a matter of seconds as Nine and his crownies celebrate their victory.    

    “Finally, our vision for a new world will be a reality!” A scraggly looking villain wrapped in red bandages exclaims looking up at the heavens. 

    “A society that wont mock us on how we look.” A woman with dark red and long hair speaks watching the city fall around them.

    “A society ruled by the strong and one where the weak are crushed.” the beast like quirk user exclaims. 

    Suddenly, Nine’s eyes shrink as a surge of pain rushes through his body. Feeling his cells literally being ripped apart inside his own head, he clutches the sides of his temples in agonising pain. “Nine! What's wrong!” The red haired woman known as slice exclaims as she rushes over to him. Nine activates the search quirk looking at his hands seeing that the quirk he had stolen is incompatible. “That quirk… doesn't work on type B blood.” He grunts out feeling the pain of the condition he is suffering. The others look on in horror of what has become of their leader.