Chapter 6

Sakura bowed politely to the two plumbers that'd been in her apartment and watched as they left. When the door shut behind them, she sighed defeatedly and looked around. A pipe in the ceiling above her living room had burst a few hours ago. It'd scared the hell out of her because she'd been in her bedroom, thinking someone was breaking in to murder her.

Most of her books and study materials were soaking wet. The carpet and furniture were ruined. The office manager already wrote her a check to cover the cost of removing and replacing them, but the plumbers just informed her it'll take eight to ten days to finish the repairs.

'I can't stay here. They said it's dangerous to be around the chemicals they'll be using for long periods of time.'

Sasuke and Naruto were on a school trip to Iwagakure to job shadow their police officers as part of their studies. Even if that weren't the case, she'd never ask to stay with them.

Frustrated, she stomped over to Madara's apartment and knocked loudly on the door. It was nighttime, but she heard him return home half an hour ago. The man answered the door and looked behind her as though expecting her to have company, "Why are you knocking like you're the cops?"

She rolled her eyes, slipping under his arm and into his apartment to throw herself lazily onto his sofa.

"Please, make yourself at home," the Uchiha man mumbled sarcastically.

"I have a huge favor to ask," Sakura wasn't comfortable with this, but if Madara found out she needed help again and didn't ask him again, he'd be upset.

The man grabbed two beers from the fridge, handing one to her and moving her legs so he could sit, laying them down across his lap once he was, "Shoot."

'Geez, we've really gotten comfortable around each other lately,' she mused with a small smile.

"A pipe burst at my place, and they said it's gonna take up to ten days to fix. Is it alright if I steal your couch? I'll pay half of your rent!"

The woman held her breath while awaiting his response, but she shouldn't have been nervous at all because he chuckled, "You're over here almost every day to use my TV anyway. Don't worry about it."

A happy little hum vibrated her chest, and she sat up, grinning wide, "How about this, then? I'll cook and clean while I'm here."

Madara's eyes were warm as he watched her toss her head back and drink a good portion of her beer, "Deal."

Within the next hour, Sakura retrieved her school books and supplies, laid them on the floor, and dried them with a blow drier. She'd also grabbed some clothes and toiletries so she wouldn't have to keep going back over there. The Uchiha man had gone to the store to buy more beer because he didn't know she'd come over and steal half of it.

When she was sure she couldn't do anything else, primarily because her arms were killing her, Sakura clicked off the tool and fell back to lie on the floor, her legs still crossed, with a groan.

"Sakura."

She opened her eyes to stare at the ceiling, "Madara."

"Do you want me to do your back again?"

The woman's face warmed, and she sat up, twisting her torso to narrow her eyes at the man lounging on the sofa with his phone in his hand, "It's been almost a week. Why now?"

Dark eyes pulled away from the device to land on her, "I haven't seen it since then. It's still dark."

She gritted her teeth for a moment but gave in, "Alright, but let me shower first."