Chapter 21

'I don't know why I'm still surprised,' Madara thought while watching Sakura and Tobi fight unseriously.

During the day, the trio uses all their leads and sources to research information about the reclusive "Obito". In the evenings, they train the now-blonde-haired woman at her request. It'd been over a week since they discovered their clue's name, but so far, the only thing they'd managed to dig up was that he was an ex-member of the Akatsuki gang, of which he murdered two members.

He returned his gaze to the laptop in front of him on the dining table, sparing the duo a glance occasionally to ensure nothing had gone awry. Sakura was a natural. If she cared less about hurting him or Tobi, she'd be even further along than she already was.

'I wonder if she'll ever agree to sparring with me instead of that idiot.'

Madara was jealous, for sure. He watched with narrowed eyes as the black-haired man pinned the woman to the mat, releasing her when she tapped out before trying again. Selfish in nature, he didn't want any man to lay a finger on his woman except for him. She'd definitely yell at him if he said something, which was warranted, so he kept his mouth shut and sulked silently.

The laptop in front of him had a dozen tabs open, each with vague, likely useless clues about their target, but it'd be stupid to ignore a single one since it's so hard to get information on Obito.

"Ah, damn."

The man looked up only to stifle a grin when he saw Tobi pinned to the mat on his stomach with Sakura straddling his back and holding his arm in a way that'd break it if he struggled too much. She released him moments later with a prideful little smile, "Again."

'Fuck, when's my turn?' It'd undoubtedly be enjoyable to wrestle with her. What man isn't turned on by a powerful woman?

The two on the mats returned to what they did before, and Madara continued his research. Maybe fifteen minutes later, his eyes widened. He could narrow down his age from twenty-one to twenty-five from what little knowledge they had of Obito. With that, he began searching birth records from each country for children born with that name.

"What's up, Babe? Find something?"

Madara looked up to see Sakura wiping her forehead with the back of her hand while sipping water, "Yes, actually. Something big."

She came around to stand at his side, peering down at the screen and reading until bright green eyes widened in shock, "He's an Uchiha?!"

Tobi arrived, "Really? Do you think you may have met him at some point?"

"Unlikely. I left home at seventeen and never looked back. My parents weren't big on family get-togethers, so I barely met any relatives as a child."

The long-haired man turned to Sakura, "Text Sasuke and tell him what we've found. He may have access to family records that aren't online."

She nodded, immediately entering the bedroom to retrieve the cell phone and do as requested.

"What do you say we celebrate this breakthrough with some drinks? I'll buy!" Tobi asked, absently checking his own cell phone and sitting across from him.

'Some things never change. He's always loved partying,' Madara glanced at Sakura as she came back out and leaned against the wall with her eyes narrowed in focus, 'I guess it can't hurt.'

"After this, we need to focus up. I think we're closing in on Obito."

Tobi grinned, meeting his gaze, "One last hoorah before things get serious. Sounds good to me."