Chapter 14

Danzo grinned as he hit Sakura across the back with his cane as he had in his office. The woman cried, pleaded, and fought, "You're dead! How are you here? Let go! Stop!" Quick, loud thumps that sounded as loud as thunder overwhelmed her senses, matching her heartbeat.

Smug brown eyes bore into hers as the disgusting man swung the object down for another hit.

Familiar cuffs encircled the woman's wrists, but they wouldn't budge no matter how hard she tried, "Please stop!"

"Wake up, Sakura! You're alright."

A gasp sucked through her lips as she suddenly sat up, looking around and realizing she was back in Madara's room, and the man was staring at her with a concerned frown.

'It was just a dream! He's gone. You'll never have to see his face again,' Sakura fell back to the bed, turning onto her side and bringing the blanket between her arms high enough to cover her mouth and nose as she tried to cut off her sobs.

Slowly, the Uchiha man lay down behind her, hesitantly laying his arm over her side, "Danzo, he didn't...?"

Her green eyes squeezed closed. They didn't get around to talking about all that happened while they were apart last night, so he doesn't know that she successfully protected herself before the awful man could rape her.

"No."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Sakura's voice cracked as she released her hold on the blanket and grabbed his hand, pulling it upward, "No." Then she pressed her lips to his palm, keeping him there because his warmth against her face immediately proved comforting.

His thumb gently brushed against her jaw, voice softer, "Okay."

A little more than an hour later, Sai and Ino returned, the blonde having ordered breakfast to be delivered so no one would have to cook or leave. The girls sat on the sofa while the men sat on the floor with their backs against it, the TV playing the news.

Coverage videos of the mansion were playing. According to the anchor, the police were still investigating but suspected all persons involved were dead and in the building. They saw it as a shootout with no survivors. When asked about the missing mystery patient from the hospital, the police confirmed that while he was missing, the doctors believed his wounds were defensive and that he was likely to die out in the cold anyway, so they weren't putting much effort into their search for Sai.

"So, are you two together now, then?" Sakura asked through a mouthful of toast. She hadn't realized how hungry she was until food was placed before her.

The blonde at her side nodded, "We're gonna give it a shot, right?"

Sai nodded, his face stoic like the first time they met him. He did speak, though, "I love Ino."

The women glanced at one another, communicating wordlessly. Sakura was stunned that he was still saying that because she was sure he'd been exaggerating to try and convince them not to shoot him, and Ino agreed wholeheartedly but was also excited about it.

"What about you guys? Did you talk it out last night?"

Madara glanced over at Sakura, who hesitated because they didn't officially agree out loud on what the nature of their relationship was going to be. After a moment, though, she smiled because she recalled how wonderful the words "I love you" were to hear in his voice.

"Yes."

Once breakfast was finished, the four began discussing what the plan would be going forward.

"Here's what I think: We lay low here and next door for, um... let's say, a week. Then, I'll take Sai with me back to Kirigakure. I'll start looking for an apartment today and arrange to have it furnished by the time we arrive," Ino's mouth moved as quickly as her mind produced thoughts.