Hayley

Sometimes I think to myself who am I destined to be with?

 But I know it is not with this man that is lying next to me. Clinging on to me, with the same hand that was on my throat the night before. All I know is that I hate this, I hate this moment.

 The way his arm is wrapped around me and touching my stomach.

 I hate how I'm here right now and I haven't found a way to escape. Escape him. I'm terrified to move away from his grip, the argument last night was bad, worse than last week, better than last month.

The night before

I came home late from work. He hated it when I did that. Walking into the messy apartment, I was welcomed home with yelling.

"Where were you, Hayley? Where the fuck were you!"

I flinched at the words lowering my gaze to the wooden floors with blurriness in my eyes. Tears, it was tears. I couldn't cry. He would get even more angry.

"At work, I had to stay late until my phone died... I'm sorry"

I saw his fist clench out of the corner of my eye. His fist started to turn white from how hard was clenching his hand. It left my view.

 I heard the steps going behind me not lifting my gaze for even a second. I could feel him behind me, the warmth of his body.

 The deep breaths he was taking and exhaling reached the back of my neck, sending the goosebumps from the back of my neck trailing down my back to my arms. Bumps everywhere. 

The hairs on the back of my neck went up, until I felt a hand. The thick fingers splayed on the back of my neck big enough to reach the sides. He squeezed.

"Ow"

That's all I could say until he pulled my hair back tilting my head to reach the side of his face, my mouth to his ear. Tears falling from my eyes to my pink cheeks feeling them fall off my face. While I whimper in pain. The neck he was just grabbing the neck he just was tightening his grip on.

"You know to answer my texts, that's why I always tell you to keep your phone on charge! You know I just get worried about babe."

He tightened his grip. I could feel how red my neck was. His words. I could hear the growl in every word. I could feel how angry he was. Staring up at the blurry ceiling. Trying to get the words out. But I couldn't I felt like my words and breath had been stolen from me.

"It hurts Henry."

I breathed out trying to find my breath again. I felt the fingers loosen grip less and less until he slowly removed the fingers off of my neck one by one. I tried getting away but when I turned, he grabbed my wrist with a deathly grip. Pulling me into a hug, I was in shock, still leaving my hands falling to my sides without the slightest movement. I felt his hot breath on my neck. "Oh babe I'm sorry, you know I'm sorry right? I don't want to do this. I don't like it either, but you leave me no choice when you do things like this. I was worried sick about you. You know I love you right?"

I nodded, that was all I could do. He stared at me with dark evil eyes. I knew it wasn't that he loved me, he was obsessed with controlling me. His lips tilted up into a smirk that left me with a tingly feeling. Down in the pit of my stomach. Feeling nauseous like the sight of him makes me disgusted.

The morning after

Slowly grabbing onto his arm with my shaky hand and moving it out from under my white tee shirt off my stomach that he had been grasping on as gently as I humanly could, squeezing my eyes shut praying to God that he wouldn't wake up. 

Then slowly sliding myself out from under the gray comforter and releasing his arm letting it drop on the top of a pillow I put to try and replace it as my body. I pulled my body up letting me stand to catch my breath, realizing I was holding my breath the whole time. 

Letting my eyes relax and open, while I let out an uneasy breath relieved, I was out of his grasp.

 I let myself pause for a moment and stare at him trying to understand how I had gotten to this point.

I finally had stepped foot into the cold shower, letting the water fall through my messy brown, wavy hair down to my breast and stomach and to my back making me shiver with more goosebumps filling my body.

 Until I turned the shower knob down making the water stop. Then grabbing the towel that was hanging next to the door. Quickly wrapping it around my body while I secured it and brushed my teeth.

 I tiptoed into my room and grabbed my clothes while Henry was still asleep and went into the bathroom to change because even if he sleeps like the dead, I did not want to take that risk. I slipped into my black silky blouse and my work pants holding my heels in my hand walking barefoot on the tips of my foot to the front door and slowly stepping outside. 

I slid the heels onto my foot and headed toward my car. I turned on the engine and turned on the radio. Maybe it can tune out the last 24 hours I had just been through.

I forgot to put it before this chapter but for this book there's gonna be mention of abuse and sexual assault/Rape and probably some heavy topics. So this is the warning, I won't be putting anymore warnings because I don't want to spoil anything for future chapters. But don't forget to comment, vote and follow my account!!