Hayley

Me and Lucas kept our distance at work after this morning, the stolen glances was the closest we got to being with each other. I think we both secretly knew we wouldn't be able to stop if there was another incident.

After what felt like years of waiting it was finally the end of my shift. 

Thank God I ended earlier today, something about a boss saying they didn't need me for the rest of the day. I'm not sure but I definitely did not question it after the night and morning I had.

The parking lot to the apartments came into view after a short drive home. Reversing into my spot I pull the keys out of the car, unbuckling my seat belt and walking out of the car. My feet drag as I pull myself up the stairs to my floor.

The moment I turn the corner to my hallway, I see a tall brunette man standing outside of my door. For a minute I could've sworn it was Lucas, but it couldn't have been. Not when Lucas is at work, not when Lucas has lighter brown hair, and not when the man in front of my door has a bigger build than Lucas.

There is a random man waiting outside my door!

Fuck, this is not good. What am I supposed to do? I can't just go up to a man almost twice my size and ask why the fuck is he outside my apartment. Maybe he's in the wrong place? Maybe it's just a salesman? Maybe all of this is just a big misunderstanding.

Yeah no.

I slowly step backwards down the hall, down the stairs once again. Making sure to make the least amount of sound possible. My hand slides into my jean pocket taking my cell phone out and pressing contacts.

One ring, two rings, bingo.

"Hello?" His voice sent shivers down my spine remembering our last encounter.

"What would you do if I said hypothetically there is a strange man outside our apartment door? Cause their kind of is and I'm scared shitlis over here!"

"On my way baby."

I started to catch the breath I have been missing as I pace back and forth at the bottom of the stairs. The floor creaks under me and I quickly make my way outside and stand in front of the door as I wait for Lucas.

Lucas makes it to the apartment in 10 minutes. How? I have no idea, but I don't necessarily ask questions as he jogs out of his car to me. His breath is heavy, and he grasps my face in his hands.

"You're, okay?" He rasps. The line between his brow deepens in worry.

"Yes, I'm okay." I breathe out.

"Stay here." His tone is demanding as he opens the door and disappears up the stairs.

I sit on the concrete outside, knees tucked to my chest and phone in hand. My foot taps as the minutes pass and the worry in me grows more by the second. 

I check my phone, and five minutes have passed. It's been more than enough time. I stand, and right as I do the door opens again.

There stands a bored looking Lucas, actually I can't tell if he's annoyed or bored. Maybe both. Is everything fine? Lucas answers my question right as I think it.

"Everything's fine."

I follow as Lucas once again goes up the stairs to the apartment. This time the man turned, smiling as he leaned against the door with his arms crossed at his chest. Now actually seeing his face the resemblance to Lucas is undeniable. I look for a minute longer and realize it.

"Liam!" I ran into his arms.

"So, you do remember me." He laughs as he lifts me by my waist and wraps his arms around me. I stay in his arms for a bit longer than needed. 

"Alright guys enough for the welcome party." Lucas says as he walks between me and Liam, separating us from our embrace. He unlocks the door and me and Liam follow him inside.

"So, this is your new place huh?" Liam asks as he eyes the apartment.

"Uh-"

"It's mine, this is my apartment." I answer, Liams lifts his eyebrows in surprise.

"Oh, I would have thought with his new pro-" The crease on Liam's forehead grows.

"It's hard to find places to stay around here, and Hayley was nice enough to let me stay with her." Lucas cuts Liam off before he finishes.

"Thats nice I guess." Liam says skeptically.

I could see Lucas' side glare he sent Liam's away. Maybe they haven't spoken in a while that this would come as a surprise? As I was trying to figure out the reason why Lucas wouldn't tell his own brother his living situations, I felt a hand settle on the crease of my back. I startle and turn quickly but my body relaxes when I realize it is Lucas.

"Can we talk for a minute." Lucas eyes widen as he tries to send me an unspoken message apparently, nodding I joined him on the way to the only other room in the house.

When the door clicks shut, I instantly spin to Lucas.

"How does your brother not know you live with me?" I whispered.

"You know, you're very sexy when you're a mad sweetheart." Lucas takes a step forward trying to slip a piece of hair behind my ear, before I swat his hand back.

"Don't start with me right now, Lucas's miller." I talk through gritted teeth.

"Maybe it's a strange ki-"

"The truth Lucas." My tone was cold.

"Fine, I've been vague to him lately, but... a few weeks ago he started accusing me of lying about finding a place because, I wouldn't tell him where I was living. And one day I just blurted out this address, but I didn't think he would show up."

"You couldn't just have said that?" I crossed my arms across my chest.

"I guess not." Lucas' gaze had fallen to the floor and his shoulders were now slumped. A sigh escaped my throat, and I gave in.

"Does he have a place to stay?"

"Apparently not."

I turn towards the door and Lucas follows me. I stomp into the living room where I find Liam sprawled out on the couch, phone in hand.

"So, here's what's going to happen." Liam straightens up at the sound of my voice and I can see Lucas freeze out of the corner of my eye.