Lucas

I walked into work early that morning.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do here yet, but I knew I would bury myself in any kind of work I could.

It was the only thing I could think to do that was legal after my conversation with Hayley last night, because she really did not need me going to jail right now.

Hayley was still in bed when I left, I knew she didn't work for a few more hours.

I mean I was the one who made the schedule for her.

"Oh boss, your here early I thought you didn't come in until ten today." My assistant sounded startled as she quickly rushed after me.

I paused for a moment. I could hear her sneakers squeak on the floor as she tried not to bump into me.

Turning around slowly I towered over her.

"Aubree, right?" I looked down at her as she rapidly nodded.

"Well Aubree I told you never to call me that outside my office, didn't I?"

"Yes, you did bo- sir. I'm so-" I walked into my office and shut the door before she could finish her sentence.

I had a couple of things to finish before it turned ten. When Hayley would be coming into work, after ten I couldn't go back into my office.

I had to go to my other office. The small room that barely classifieds as an office for people who worked in the advertising group like Hayley.

I hated lying to her, but it had gone too far already. It was a small lie, that I would tell her eventually. For now, I have bigger things to worry about.

I pressed the button on my office phone before speaking.

"Send Ford to my office now." I said in a gruff manner.

"Of course, sir." Aubree squealed back.

I checked my watch before leaning  myself back into my chair and checking the latest updates on the launching of our new apps. My door opened a couple of minutes later, I didn't have to look up to know it was Ford.

I continued typing on my computer.

"Your late."

"I don't think I'm late, Aubree told me just a few minutes ago you needed me." His tone was hesitant.

At that I looked up from my computer.

"If I say you are late then you are. Next time I call you to my office you will run." Ford nodded and sat at the seat in front of my desk.

"Give me the report on latest app." I interlocked my fingers on the desk watching him.

"They gave us the estimate for when it will be fully ready. Apparently around five months, but we are still marketing the game on our social media, and I just got in the presentation for that a few days ago."

"Show me it."

"I don't have my laptop on me sir." He muttered.

Useless.

"If you would like to see it today, the girl that created it works later today, I believe she should still have it on her computer. Her name is Hayley she's on the marketing team."

"I'm aware of her name, Ford. I own this company I think I would know my employees." I stopped speaking for a moment leaning forward on my desk. "Remember if you want to keep this job you will not mention that outside of this office. Outside of this office as far as you know you are my manager, and I am on the marketing team. Have the presentation sent to me by tonight." I said as his warning.