Lucas

I definitely just fucked that up. What is up with me? I don't know what came over me. All I know is when Hayley walked out of my office, I immediately regretted letting her.

 So, when she asked why I was there I in fact did not have an answer.

Do I look like an idiot walking back to my office? Definitely. Do I regret it? Not even a little. Being with Hayley is the best part of my day, touching her is the best moment of my life.

I shut the door behind me to my advertising group office and texted my assistant.

Lucas: Send me all the taco places near us.

Aubree: Yes sir.

Ten minutes later my phone lit up from a text stating a list of restaurants. I looked through all of the names and picked the one with the highest ratings. 

After a short call, two of each kind of taco should be delivered in Hayley's office by one thirty today.

Hours had passed by quickly as I had papers piled up on my desk that either needed my approval or my input. Once I went back to my office after my encounter with Hayley, I had Aubree discreetly bring my work from my main office.

But I had priorities, and that included being home by nine. For me of course definitely not for Hayley.

Oh shit, when did I start calling Hayley's apartment my home? I mean it felt like a home, but it wasn't my apartment. This was just temporary. Or that's what I keep telling myself at least.

 I didn't want this to be temporary, everything about me and Hayley is meant to be forever, not just temporary. She just didn't know it yet. We are destined to be together. Ever since we were kids, it was always Lucas and Hayley, Hayley and Lucas. I won't let that change again.

But that's a discussion for another time. Right now, it is eight thirty at night and I just want to go home.

A knock on the door stopped me right before closing my computer. I rub my temple trying to find any sliver of patience left inside me to interact with anyone who is not Hayley for the rest of the night.

"Come in." I reluctantly pull the words out of my mouth.

Out of everyone it had to be the second person on my people I'm tempted to kill list. Ford. Number one is henry.

Ford sits in front of my desk and watches me to see if I will say something first. I don't.

"You probably have a wife or family to get home to so I will make this quick."

"Yes. You will." My harsh manner seems to make him uneasy in his seat. "This is your third time in my office today, are you incompetent or just unable to do your job?" I ask, interlocking my fingers and leaning forward slowly. 

Maybe I'll scare him off instead.

"Apparently I don't have a job anymore, boss." His mocking tone at the word boss almost tips me off the edge.

"Then I answer my own question. You are both." I hide the ghost of a smile coming up on my lips.

Before he could spit out another word my phone rang.

I usually don't pick up phone calls during meetings, but this is not a meeting. And I have anything but respect for this man.

 I pick up my phone and check the caller ID. Now I actually am tempted to let my smile break in front of this man because I see Hayley's name on my screen. I pick up the call quickly.

"Hey sweetheart, give me one second." I say in a relaxed tone. I press the mute button and turn my focus to Ford after I hear her cheery 'okay'.

"Get out." If words could cut Ford would not be sitting here alive right now.