18

what came out of his mouth shocked u to the extent that u flinched slightly. "what?" 

u questioned as u looked at Ajax and laughed nervously as if praying this was all a bad joke and nothing like this was actually the truth. "ur funny ajax..." u continue, but he never laughs. instead he looks at u with the most unreadable expression ever. and thats when u feel a tingle inside u, a tingling sensation that makes u feel awful....sad...? ur wondering what this could mean.

its some thing about Ajax's expression that makes u feel this way that was saying "he's hurt", but u couldn't figure out why and over what?

what hurt the most was the silence that came after the realization that ur hookups with scara were exposed publicly and to a group that was very well known for being players and the most fucked up people on campus.

u hastily get up and walk towards ur room saying goodnight to ajax, leaving him alone on the couch to regret whatever he had just said. he hated this. he hated scaramouche. why the fuck did that bastard have to associate himself with u of all people??

he felt guilty now for lying to u. scaramouche had never said anything about u two, and what came out of his mouth was to test the waters if it really was the truth. and in this moment right now, he hated, he fucking hated to admit it but

scaramouche was changing into someone he never knew...

next morning, he left the room early so he wouldnt have to face u. u on the other hand, woke up with puffy face and puffy eyes. eyes were somewhat bloodshot as if u just had taken some hits before sleeping...

where u had thought that maybe, just maybe things arent really as bad as people around u were making it out to be, maybe that even u started to believe that the entire "player" persona surrounding scara was a facade, that all came crumbling down the moment one of his close friends who also happened to be ur roommate admits that he definitely, was someone to never waste time on and worth keeping around....

u skipped ur morning class, and then ur afternoon class too that had scaramouche in it. albedo texted u the notes to which u thanked him for. and so after completing ur work that was due in some days, u decided to step outside of the dormitory after 7 hours to get a snack...

u walked out to the nearest convenience store nearby heading to the cashier after picking what u needed. thats also when u realized u had forgotten ur phone in ur room. mentally cussing urself, u paid for ur things and decided to start heading back and thats when a familiar face had stopped u from walking any further...

red hair, tall and built physique, and in a suit, stood the very man who scarred u- Diluc Ragnvindr.

u stepped back in shock as u looked at him with disgust turning away when he called out ur name and tried to catch up with u.

"leave before i call the cops.." u threatened but he didnt want to listen. "look, just wait. cant u hear me out for like 5 minutes?" he sighed, making an attempt to grab ur hand to which u jerked it away. "hear u out over what exactly ragnvindr?" u scoffed stepping further away from him. "hear ur excuse to walk out on me when I was at the brink of making the most important decision of my life? to leave me behind because the business needed more caring because I apparently was the reason of ur loss? what the fuck do u have to explain..." u sarcastically bit back to which he had shook his head still trying to get near u, to make u hear him out.

"no. no sweetheart please just listen..." he began again to which u responded with walking away from him. he followed u and finally caught ur wrist making ur body jerk towards his chest. "listen, i never wanted to lose u. i dont know why i ever did that but please just...just give me another cha-"