UNIVERSE 1

My heart is pounding.
心臓がドキドキしています。
Shinzo ga dokidoki shite imasu.

San Pablo City, Laguna; Jan. 30, 2023; 8:32 am.

ELIANA's mom, who was currently doing the laundry, noticed that the dishes were still not washed, and said, "Eliana! Kanina ka pang wait nang wait for diyan! Hindi ka pa naghihimpil ng pinggan!" 

Eliana was tapping busily on her phone while in the room. She continued to tap her phone, and message the latest Instagram story of Japanese volleyball player Ran Takahashi, saying, "Inay, saglit lang! Last na!"

She has a super-duper crush on the young man, which developed when Eliana recently watched Ran's YouTube video. When she finally met him, everything seemed magical. She feels butterflies in her stomach and sparks, which makes her more enticed by Ran. It turns out that she is fond of Ran.

It makes sense that Eliana would develop a love for Ran because of his ability to hit and save the ball. Saying, "Napaka-galing niya talaga!"

She doesn't despise volleyball; she has been watching it on Philippine Free TV, but because she cannot control the ball, the ball always whacks on her face.

Her love for volleyball intensified because of . . . "Ran . . ." Eliana looked at Ran's profile. "Ilang beses na akong nag-message sa 'yo pero 'di mo ako nare-reply-an," she said to helfself full of frustration since she's waiting for Ran's reply. "Wala akong karapatan, pero nasasaktan ako."

Eliana said with tears in her eyes, put her phone on charge, and then left to do her duty in the kitchen. While she washed the dishes, she felt her heart grow heavy.

Tokyo, Japan; 9:32 a.m.

"Good morning everyone!" Ran said as he left the room. He smiled and said hello to everyone as usual.

His friends who were also his roommates responded, "Ohayo gozaimasu!"

Ran prepares carbonara, his favorite Italian dish, in the kitchen. And Yamamoto just waved at him and said, "Can I share with your carbonara?"

As soon as Ran was given the go-ahead, he cooked his meal and gave it to Yamamoto. He then checks his phone and logs into Instagram.

He couldn't understand why, even though many of his followers were sending him the same messages, he was curious to look at message requests. He sensed an odd sensation that aroused his curiosity.

However, their team captain Yuki Ishikawa unexpectedly entered their room to invite everyone to accompany him for a walk.

Yuki Ishikawa said, "Get up early; we're going for a walk nearby."

"Yup," Ran replied, turning to face his senior. "In addition, you owe me a steak.

San Pablo City Laguna; 9:02 a.m

Eliana finished washing the dishes and looked at her phone again while checking the message, but still nothing.

Her sister came in suddenly and Eliana started crying. "Oh, anong nangyari sa 'yo?"

"W-Wala," Eliana said and smiled.

"Weh?"

"Ano . . . nag-chat ako kay Ran, nagbabaka sakali lang na magbasa ng message malay mo ma-notice ako!"

"Imposible iyan teh. Sikat 'yan eh, kaya matik na hindi 'yan magbabasa ng message," Jay said. "Masyado kang delulu."

"Oo na! Pero malay mo soon!" Eliana said. Her voice shows that she is emotional but has a "don't give up" tone.