SPECIAL CHAPTER 1

I love you
愛してる
Aishiteru

AFTER Ran's announcement on TV that he and Eliana were engaged, Ran went to the hospital to get his back checked by a professional.

Eliana felt guilty if Ran didn't check his status first because she saw in her eyes that the young man had fallen hard.

"You don't need to worry, Ma'am. He's okay."

"Thank you, Doc," Eliana said and the doctor left Ran's room.

So she and Ran were just in the room as if they were in a staring contest. Eliana couldn't help but feel irked at being so worried about Ran. For that reason, Eliana pinched Ran's ear and glared at the young man. "Masyado ka kasing bida-bida, so you get doomed! What if you get injured, you won't be able to continue playing volleyball!"

"Eli . . ." Ran called him softly.

"Nande?" Eliana asked feeling annoyed.

"Don't get mad at me," Ran said, holding the lady's hand. "I'm just overwhelmed that I saw you at the arena. You can't blame me."

"Ran naman kasi!" Eliana said and she cried while hugging Ran and facing the young man again. "You know I worried . . . a lot! I know that it hurts. You were writhing in pain a while ago. You're just pretending that you are okay even though you won't!" Eliana said. "I let your family stay at the hotel, and my family also go back without me just to check you out. I feel nervous! I am worried Ran . . . You make me so worried. How many times that I told you to take care of your . . ."

Eliana could not continue to speak when Ran suddenly kissed the girl just to shut her up.

"Daijobou, daijobou, baby," Ran said while laughing as he touched Eliana's cheek and wiped away the tears. "I know that the reason why you don't watch our game is because you might get worried while I'm playing and get injured but I promised you, I'll take care of myself from now on. I do," Ran said. "I'll be staying here for a while. Mamamanhikan ako."

Eliana dropped her jaw and she said, "Eh?"

"Yes," Ran said with a smile. "Just trust me, Eli."

The next day, Ran's family went to Eliana's house on the way to Laguna for him to do a pamamanhikan, a Filipino tradition that needs to be done.

Many people are curious about Eliana, especially since there are a lot of marites in the sari-sari store. Some people took pictures of them with Ran, which is why Eliana was on guard because Eliana knew that they might even take advantage of the young man.

"After our families talk about our wedding. Can we go to my Aunt Mi? I will introduce you to her."Ran smiled and held Eliana's hand. "It's okay."

"I have mentioned to you before that she is the one who influenced me in my religion, right?" Eliana asked causing Ran to nod. "I will ask her permission too."

After that, the two entered Eliana's home. The marriage was being discussed by both parties and approved the marriage of the two partners.

"The wedding will be held in Japan and the Philippines," Ran said which surprised Eliana.

"Are you wasting your money on our wedding? The simple wedding will do," Eliana insisted. The girl doesn't want Ran to spend too much on their wedding. She insisted that more things would be done for their future and not just for the wedding.

"My dear Eli, I have prepared a lot during our cool-off," Ran said as he scratched his temple and Eliana looked at him so the young man agreed. "I expected that you would oppose so we're going to have the wedding in the Philippines."