UNIVERSE 3

My dream came true.

夢が叶いました。

Yume ga kanai mashi ta.

San Pablo City, Laguna; September 5, 2027

"HAYS!" Eliana exclaimed to herself after completing her application for a position as a teacher at DepEd. She felt frustrated since she did not pass. Maybe she'll return the next time.

It is difficult to apply for teaching positions in public schools. In private schools, you can't be paid if there's no work, making it tough to save money because there are numerous expenditures, especially because her family has necessities every day. Because it is simply a part-time job, the income is significantly smaller.

"Sana naman matanggap na ako!" Eliana said while on a video conversation with Jaz. "Ang hirap pala talagang mag-ipon kasi talagang no work, no pay, girl! Ang hirap pala talagang mag-trabaho!"

She rested for a long time. Since she has been so busy in recent years, she has no time to go to VNL or to see Ran. After what happened on July 9, she also avoided tagging Ran, only sometimes. Every time she's not busy, she creates digital artwork, and Ran Takahashi becomes her art subject.

"Alam mo may alam akong trabaho," Jaz said and immediately sent a link to her messenger. "Alam ko naman na magaling ka sa English dahil language ang specialization mo, lalo pa't asset mo rin na Filipino teacher ka, kaya kung interested ka, puwede kang mag-apply na maging English Teacher sa Japan, they are hiring."

Eliana's eyes enlarged and her smile widened. "Oh . . . my . . . gosh, Jazleng! Mag-aapply kaagad ako!"

Eliana clicked on the link and quickly entered the information that was required. She also discovered that when she applied as an English Teacher, she was obligated to join her clients on their trips abroad. This is because it is a private class and the client must find an instructor as soon as possible.

She was interviewed and demonstrated English language teaching immediately after giving the criteria. She passed because of the abilities demonstrated in the demonstration teaching. She also received preparatory training in the Japanese language because the mother tongue she would be teaching is Japanese. 

"Kailangan ko nang sabihin ito kina Inay," Eliana said after all of her needs are settled.

It was about to have dinner so they had to eat. She went outside, to tell the truth that she was hired as an English Teacher by a private client in Japan.

"Talaga Ate?" Jay asked. "Kailan?"

"By next week, aalis na ako, sagot na ng company ang flight ko at apartment na pag-iistay-an ko pati expenses."

Eliana was nervous because of what his father going to say. Maybe her father won't allow her.

"Okay lang naman sa akin, Ate, basta mag-iingat ka at lagi kang magvivideocall," her Mother said who was happy with the good news.

Eliana looked at her father and waited for his approval. "Lord, sana po ay pumayag si Tatay."

"Ayos lang sa akin, basta mag-iingat ka at lagi mo kaming ia-update. Irereport namin 'yan kaagad kapag inabuso ka."

Eliana smiled happily. She will behave in a foreign country and focus on work of course she still dreams of seeing Ran Takahashi but when she is free . . . maybe when Ran sees her she will be ignored. Just like in the past.

Also, she behaves. As time passes, her mind matures and becomes more quiet.

Kyoto, Japan; September 13, 2027

"I am finally here!" Her voice was mixed with excitement when she got to her apartment room. She looked through the glass window and saw the atmosphere in Kyoto. It's not like Tokyo with big buildings, in Kyoto you can see the culture that encompasses Japan. So the air is clean and not too urbanized.

It's refreshing for her to feel that she's in Japan. She could feel Japan and the place where Ran Takahashi was. They were breathing the same air or something else, maybe Ran was in Italy and was currently training volleyball.

The sound of the doorbell caught her attention that's why she opened it and it was the agent who hired her. Eliana lets her inside but she refuses. "It's okay, you're Ms. Eliana Cuevas, right?"

"Yes po," Eliana answered.

"You can speak in Filipino, huwag kang mag-alala, pero kapag kaharap mo na ang client, you should speak in English, okay?"

Eliana's jaws dropped open and she said, "Pinay po kayo?"

"Yes, bunso," she answers with a smile. "By the way, you should be at the location at exactly 5:00 pm, you'll be meeting with your client. Okay?"

"Noted po!" Eliana said and the agent left while sending the location of a restaurant.

AT EXACTLY 5 p.m. she was at the location as well as her agent Daffodil Villafuerte while waiting for her client.

Later on, the three men arrived. Eliana is a bit nervous because she will see her client. Eliana observed them, one was wearing a cap, the other was wearing a hoodie and the other one seemed to be their manager.

"Parang kilala ko 'yung lakad niya . . ." Eliana mumbled and looked at the man in the hoodie.

These men came who were almost as tall as a tower. Eliana stood up, almost fainting from astonishment due to their height. When Eliana glanced at them, she estimated that the person on both sides was approximately 177 cm tall, and the one in the middle was around 188 cm tall. She even thought, "Isang tiris lang ako nito, washout na ako."

Suddenly the smell of perfume struck on her nose and it was Dior Sauvage.

"My gosh," she said in her mind.

As she looked at the hoodie guy's eyes she was familiar with him. "Damn," she said in her mind.

The scent of this guy soothing her nose is the reason why she thought of someone. Someone that she's longing for and it was . . . "Ran Takahashi?"