UNIVERSE 9

A present for you.
あなたへのプレゼント
Anata e no purezento.

Kyoto, Japan; October 6, 2027

RAN'S face turned red so he changed the topic. He is not a fan of frequently changing topics but he changed it because he is shy and asks, "What kind of song do you usually listen to?"

"Pop music. We're not compatible, you love rock and I'm into pop," Eliana answered.

"Because of KPop?" he asked.

"No," Eliana answered. "I like those songs that are less with the beats. It soothes my ears," Eliana said being honest. "And I know we have one song that we both love."

"What song?" he asked.

"Betelgeuse by Yuuri," said Eliana while smiling. "No, actually all of Yuuri-san's songs!"

"Right! I like that song too, so we're already compatible," Ran said like a delighted child. "And Yuuri-san too! He's an indeed good singer," Ran added. "Can you sing a song for me?"

"What song?"

"Betelgeuse," he said. "Even without an instrument."

While he is eating adobo with rice, Eliana sings Betelgeuse.

Bokura mitsukeatte taguriatte onaji sora Kagayaku no datte futari datte yakusoku shita
Haruka tooku owaranai beterugiusu Dareka ni tsunagu mahou

"My voice sucks now because you're always making my voice high hmmph," Eliana said with a pout.

Ran still looked at her and said, "Don't sing to others, I am getting mad."

Because of what Ran said, Eliana's face suddenly warmed up again. "Ah! Ran, don't make me blush!" Eliana punches him hard.

"That hurts!" Ran reacted while holding the arm that Eliana had punched.

"I'm sorry!" Eliana said and rubbed her injured arm. "I didn't mean to do that, I'm sorry for being aggressive," Eliana added. "Of course, I am singing to the church so you can't stop me!" Eliana said.

"Fine, fine!" Ran said laughing. "You punch so hard. Are you a man?"

"I'm not!" Eliana said. "It's like, I am doing that thing because you make me blush!" Eliana added. "Anyways! I know that you love one piece so I will give this artwork to you."

"Woah! You're so good at digital artwork! Thank you! I love one piece since then," Ran said as he was looking at digital artwork

"Woah! You're so good at digital artwork! Thank you! I love one piece since then," Ran said as he was looking at digital artwork. "Are you watching or reading One Piece?"

"Yes, I do! I knew this anime when I was a child but I was encouraged to watch this because of you," Eliana said. "And now, thank you for introducing One Piece. I already knew why this anime is famous because of its plot's uniqueness," Eliana added. "You know for me, the story plot is incredibly amazing. Imagine, Luffy is Joyboy. Also, I love Wano Arc, it hits me differently."

"Yes Eli, I didn't expect that he is Joyboy. Reading those panels makes me more amazed at Oda-sensei."

"That's the truth, Ran! There are a lot of theories before assuming what is One Piece. Oh my gosh!"

And they talked about One Piece since they both love this anime.

AFTER RAN RETURNED to their house, he immediately browsed his phone to check the writing platform that Eliana was writing to. It was named isgurlxf. He even installs an application to see it.

"She's a writer, wow!" Ran said to himself. "So . . . she's working with her novels, as well as teaching me English and taking her Masteral degree. How did she manage that?"

"Time management," Rui said who had just entered Ran's room. "Since you're interested in Eliana-chan, then I'll tell you. Her birthday is on October 9 so get ready your gifts."

"What?" Ran asked. "I-I'm not interested, I'm just . . ."

"Action speaks louder than words," Rui said with a grin. "Just tell her before it's too late and do things that make her smile."

Ran got confused and thought of her ex. That's the truth that makes him unable to love. He didn't want to get hurt again. "No bro, I am still thinking about the past."

"Your first . . . love?"

"R-Right," Ran answered. "I'm still confused."

Kyoto, Japan; October 7, 2027

ELIANA taught English to Ran again and he grew his knowledge of the language because of the Filipino taught by Eliana.

"If I say that . . . mahalaga it means important, for example in sentence, mahalaga sa akin ang mga pusa. That means cats are important to me," Eliana said. "You can try to create your sentence."

"Mahalaga ka sa akin," Ran said that's why Eliana's eyes widened. Eliana's heart raced again because even though it was for their lesson, it seemed like it was said to her as well. "It means that you are important to me, right?"

Eliana took a breath and said, "Oo, iyon nga."

"Yes! I already understand," Ran said and smiled widely. 

Eliana suddenly gave Ran her art as a prize. "I drew you by myself for learning too fast."

Eliana realizes that Ran is a fast learner, which is why she is happy with his improvement. The contract is only for one year contract and it depends on the client if they will continue."Sana manatili ako. Gusto ko pang makasama si Ran."

"Isa pa ba or we should end the lesson for today?" Eliana asked. "Make sure that you're doing your assessment, I'll check it tomorrow."

"Got it," Ran responded, turning to face Eliana. "What kinds of things do you usually like? Like . . . flowers?"

Eliana just looked in response to Ran's query as if she expected Ran to give her something. "I've never received flowers before, but . . . I appreciate them."

"So, do you like flowers?"

"Yes, the red rose will do," Eliana replied. "But flowers die quickly, so I appreciate one piece of rose . . ."

"What else do you like?" he inquired once again.

"Books . . ." Eliana reached for the book she always read. "I'm always looking for a new meaning; the writer's imagination created the words, phrases, and sentences; I feel it and am mesmerized by every single word that adds to my vocabulary," Eliana remarked. "I even recalled the time when my professor told us that if we're teachers we should have more vocabulary so that we could express the words that we want to convey. And I unlocked the idea of reading the books."

Ran's mouth dropped because of Eliana's revelation. "Once she spoke, she leaves memorable words that come not only in her mind but also her heart," he said in his mind. "A writer's point of view."