UNIVERSE 10

Ticket
チケット
Chiketto

Kyoto, Japan; October 9, 2027

ELIANA awoke early to join in a video call with her family in celebration of her birthday. "Happy birthday, Ate!"

Later, she video-called her pals, particularly Shiela, Nixie, Je, Yunis, Vincent, and Jaz. They approached her one by one.

She was filled with sadness because it was her first birthday apart from her family. She must be brave now that she is the only one in Japan, jeopardizing her family's livelihood.

"Kailangan ko ng mag-work!" Eliana said in front of the mirror and cheered herself up even though her chest was getting tight. She cleared her throat and said, "Kaya ko ito!"

Eliana went to Takahashi's residence and she only saw Riri at the gate, not Ran. Eliana asked, "Where's your brother, Riri-chan?"

"He goes out without telling me where he is," Riri answered.

"I see, I'm going to mess . . ."

Someone called her, so she picked up the phone right away. And it was Ran's voice. "Don't come, I'm out of the town. I didn't tell you for you to have some rest. See you on Monday!"

Eliana's chest clenched again when he abruptly finished a phone call and turned to confront Riri. "He's out of town; I should return on Monday, okay?"

"Okay! Take care!"

Eliana left Takahashi's residence. She expected Ran to remember her birthday, but he didn't even greet her, so she assumed Ran had forgotten or that she had no worth to Ran because she was simply an instructor or his tutor.

That's why Eliana walked to the local convenience store to get her a meal.

Being alone . . .

She was now overcome with grief. She used to feel at ease before since she was in her place, the Philippines, but now that she is in her dream country without her family, she is lonely.

She weeps and immediately wipes her tears. "Daijobou."

Suddenly Ran Takahashi called again and he said, "Can you go to our place and check my assessment? I forgot to tell you that earlier, sorry."

"It's okay," Eliana said. "I'll get it now. I have nothing to do."

She held the call. Ran felt that there was something off with Eliana. That's why he called his Kuya Rui and said, "Bro, about the plan, she's going back there. I will be back later after this important matter."

"We got you, man," Rui said.

The call ended between the two and still Ran didn't know what to do. He couldn't focus on what he was doing. He is having a photoshoot in Tokyo and it's important because it's for their volleyball promotion. He doesn't delay any photoshoots but he did time management so that he could do something for Eliana.

Going back to Eliana, she's currently walking alongside the street through Takahashi's residence. She needs to do the tasks she has because it is part of her daily job.

Her heart is still heavy because even Anrie did not greet her. After arriving at the residence, Riri let her in and when she got inside, Eliana was surprised that Rui, Anrie, Kanta, Rikky, Kaito, and even Ran's parents surprised her.

Eliana was surprised by that and her smile widened.

"Otanjoubi omedetou, Eli!"

"Thank you!" Eliana said as if she was about to cry.

"We should eat cake then celebrate!" Anrie said.

"Oh by the way." Rui gives Eliana a ticket to an amusement park. "A ticket for you."She got confused, why one ticket?

"Where's Ran?" Eliana asked even though she knew that Ran was out of town.

"He is currently at the photoshoot," Rui answered.

"I see!"

WHEN Eliana got home, she prepared what to wear. It's confusing because the ticket that was given by Rui is only one. She felt that there was something off.

Also, she's happy that the ticket she has is a VIP ticket which is all free so she will use it.

Later in the evening, she went to the amusement park. Played, hung out, and ate. She also played with the children and the photographer saw her wandering around in an amusement park to take beautiful shots so he asked permission from Eliana. When she was being photographed someone suddenly stood beside her a man who was tall and wearing a light coat.

"Am I late to celebrate, my dear Eli?"

Eliana looked at the guy who was catching his breath. "Let's enjoy this night!" He held his hand and Eliana seems like a princess in a story, the one who accepts it.

"It's probably not the end of this day so we will enjoy." Eliana rolled her eyes and laughed. "You look tired like you can't do it."

"G na g ako," Ran said while laughing.

"Aba! G na g pala huh," Eliana said.

They once again had a competition between them. Both of them are competitive, if Ran wins, Eliana loses, and vice versa. They also take pictures so that they have memories.

After they played, they both ate and rode at the Ferris wheel.

"Here," Ran said and handed over what she had brought. Eliana didn't notice that Ran was carrying it while they were having fun at the amusement park. "You didn't notice it right?" Eliana just smiled and looked at the things inside the paper bag.

She opened the bag and it contained a book and the red rose in a glass dome. She first read the book and then examined the red rose placed in the glass dome. There was a light inside so she opened it.

Her eyes twinkle like a star again. "My heart . . . it's fluttering."

After closing the light of the glass dome, she put the gift inside the bag and set it aside. She started to weep and looked at Ran and directly said, "Arigatou!"

Eliana hugged Ran and continued to cry.

"W-Why are you crying?"

"I-I'm happy, in my entire life, I didn't receive any gifts even surprises. I just want my family completed," Eliana said. "And you were the first guy who gave me flowers . . . arigatou."

It is the first time Ran sees Eliana crying and he comforts her. Therefore he tapped Eliana's back and said, "Maligayang kaarawan."