UNIVERSE 22

I want you to be here.
あなたにここにいてほしい
Anata ni koko ni ite hoshi

San Pablo Laguna; July 21, 2028

ELIANA CONTINUES to be pestered by social media. Even her former classmates are questioning if the news spreading all over the digital world is true. Also, its co-writers asked about her and Ran.

"It's hard to manifest because it's coming true," Eliana said to herself when she suddenly remembered what she had said before, "If I'm going to have any issues, it's in a relationship with Ran Takahashi."

Eliana laughed because of that. "Damn, I'm so crazy!"

@ ming.cho Ate gurl! You're so lucky!

@ bat-chi When I see you Ate Gurl, I'll pull your hair, just kidding! Support!

@ azuma_kriLuckiest fan on Earth. Manifestations are real. I will be going to manifest like what you did!

@ lilibeth123 You're so lucky!

@ mayurichoi She's a writer of the fanfiction story of After Our Universe Collided on Watt. Ran is what she refers to, you're lucky Ate Gurl! There are assumptions that the one commenting on her is Ran himself.

Tinawagan ni Eliana si Ran at kaagad namang sinagot ng binata. "Baka-hashi!"

Napa-pout si Ran at sinabing, "Why you always shouted at me? You don't love me anymore?"

"Why did you say my full name in the interview? You can just call me, Eli!"

"Of course, I am proud to say your name in front of people," Ran said. "You're so beautiful, Eli! I want to hug you in person."

"Hug your face!" Eliana said and rolled her eyes. "Why did that thing come to your mind, huh? You could have told me in person not in an interview."

"I watched your live interview and it urges me to tell everyone that you're one of the reasons why I play well," Ran revealed as he smiled. Eliana knew that Ran found out about her interview because of Anrie. "I am damn inspired so I tell everyone your name."

Eliana kept silent and ended the call. Her chest heaved. She couldn't stand Ran anymore because at any moment she would become soft.

Eliana received messages from her friends and replied.

Nixie called her first and said, "Teh! You and Kuya Ran are trending on social media. I'm sure that marites there will bug you."

"There's a commotion outside, looking for me. It's a good thing Mother didn't tell that I was here. I can't even go out because of that Baka-hashi!"

"Yie! Let the situation go! Kuya Ran loves you so much that he'll tell around the world about you," Nixie said on the other line. "By the way, I watched his dare with you. I'll come with you so I can see Kuya Ran."

"There is a ticket for the finals because Ran make sure that they will win the finals," Eliana said. "By the way, I have to write first and then make a PowerPoint presentation for my next class. Malilintikan talaga sa akin si Ran!"

Nagpaalam na ang dalawa sa isa't isa at tinawagan naman ni Eliana si Jaz. Nag-usap nang saglit si Jaz dahil nga nasa public place siya. Once na malaman ng mga tao na kausap nito si Eliana, tiyak na siya naman ang pagkakaguluhan. "Basta Eliana, kapag nanalo 'yon sa semifinals, pumunta ka. Kailangan niya ng support mo, kung makikipag-compete sila sa finals," sabi ni Jaz. "Kita mo naman na proud siyang sabihin ang pangalan mo sa harap ng maraming tao at ipaglaban ka sa mga magulang mo. Pumunta pa nga riyan para suyuin ka."

"I will think about that Jaz, for now, I want a peaceful life."

"Sa Italy mo lang 'yan mahahanap kasama si Ran," sabi ni Jaz na nang-aasar pa.The two said goodbye to each other and Eliana called Jaz. Jaz and Eliana talked a bit because she was in a public place. Once people found out that she was talking to Eliana, she was bugged by the fans. "As long as Eliana, when he wins the semifinals, go. He needs your support, if they are going to compete in the finals," Jaz said. "You see that he is proud to say your name in front of many people and fight for you with your parents. He even went there to coax you."

"I will think about that Jaz, for now, I want a quiet life."

"You can only find that in Italy with Ran," Jaz said teasingly. The two said their goodbyes, and Shiela went to their house. She came into Eliana's house since Eliana was the talk of the town. Because once Eliana came out, it was sure to be a mess.

"I even said that Bebe is the one I'm visiting," Shiela said and handed over the milk tea. "Hey, I know you've been craving for it."

Shiela sat on Eliana's bed and looked at Eliana. "Damn, Eliana! Our batchmates are also asking me about you and Ran."

"That Baka-hashi! I will go to kill him once I see him!"

"Girl! You love being chased!" Shiela said. "'Yung hapon oh, hinahabol ka na, pakipot ka pa!"

"Of course not! After he kept a secret from me that might affect our relationship, he needs to restore my trust in him," Eliana opposed while drinking the Okinawa-flavored milk tea. "But I saw that he was persistent just to pursue me. My father smiled at him and didn't trouble Ran too much. That means, my father likes Ran for me."

Shiela smiled and patted her shoulder. "Ran will do his best to fight for you. Only with you, he feels contented and happy."

"I know," Eliana said and smiled. "After all he is still my love."

AFTER 10 p.m., Eliana's family tuned in to watch Ran's game. They were competing against Italy. It will be difficult to beat them because Italy is also a powerhouse.

Eliana was in the room and was also watching the match. She was nervous because Italy was strong. She wants to win Ryujin Nippon.

Ryujin Nippon finally won. Unlike in 2023, every player is gradually seeing the eagerness to win now.

Ran even became a player of the game and said in the interview, "My dear Eli, nanalo kami. Please, I want you to be here tomorrow. Hindi ko na sasayangin ang opotunidad na ito, Eli. Please."

Eliana looked at the viewers' comments. 

@ olive-oil Go! Ran is begging for you to come! 

@ rampee_simp Ran's so cute, damn! That smile of him, it's very unique. Iba talaga nagagawa kapag in love.

@ ran_mazing The girl was lucky to have Ran. Ate gurl, we will get Ran from you if you don't accept him!

@ jinifir_juy Ang gwapo ni Ran kapag nagtatagalog! Imagine that he would not waste an opportunity for you! Grabe ka na Ate Gurl! Pagbigyan mo na!

Eliana saw a lot of comments saying that she had to go. She felt that she wanted to meet Ran again and say directly that she loved him. She was overwhelmed by Ran's love for her and she didn't want to ignore him anymore.

Eliana came out of the room and said to his father that accompany her to Pasay, tomorrow. "Tatay, ipagmaneho mo kami bukas papuntang Pasay."