UNIVERSE 6

Game
ゲーム
Gemu

Tokyo, Japan; September 28, 2027

AS THE DAYS passed by, Eliana and Ran became friends. Ran invited Eliana to watch him play and also he invited Ate Daffodil.

It's the final game and Eliana wants to watch Ryujin Nippon's game. It's her first time to watch so her heart overflows with so much joy.

"Grabe naman ang closeness ninyo ni Ran, Eliana," Ate Daffodil said. Daffodil notices the closeness of Ran and Eliana. "Magkaibigan ba talaga?"

"Yes po," Eliana answered. Eliana doesn't expect too much from Ran because if she assumes, she'll be bound to break her heart. "Hanggang doon lang po talaga."

"Okay," Ate Daffodil said seeming like she was doubtful about Eliana's answer. "Balang araw, mapagtatanto rin ni Ran na may gusto siya sa 'yo."

Eliana looked at her Ate Daffodil and her eyebrows furrowed with a full of confusion thinking what her Ate was talking about. "Ano po iyon, Ate? Hindi ko po rinig."

Daffodil shook her head and said, "Wala! Sabi ko, maganda ka kaso bingi lang!"

Eliana just smiled and turned her head into the court. She saw Ryujin Nippon entering and each member of it looked to their audiences and fans. The time they entered the court, the screams roared the whole court as if it were the start of the game.

Eliana stays at her place, sitting while clapping to his crush. Eliana smiled widely the time when Ran looked in her direction. Eliana just thumbs up and smiles.

After thirty minutes, the game has been started. Riri, Rui, and Anrie came to watch with the same alignment of Eliana's seat. 

Because of too much intense game, Eliana closes her eyes. She's afraid of Ran's exaggerated play, those life-saving stunts for the ball that may lead him to an injury just like before.

All of Team Japan's members are well-talented to their passion. Eliana is amazed by the way they play, she notices Sekita who is the setter. Also Yuji Nishida's hard core spikes. As well as the team's captain, Yuki Ishikawa who leads them into a victory. Even Yamamoto and Ogawa's like Nishinoya's play. Almost everyone was great and did their best to play.

The intense game made Eliana feel nervous. Until the set has reached in 5th set. In the match point, they were competing with who won the finals. Ryujin Nippon needed one point to win.

The ball will be served by Japan and when the ball goes to the opponent's side it is received by Brazil's libero and passed to their outside hitter who spikes the ball. But Team Japan is attentive so Ran receives it but it turns out that the ball jumps off at the back so Ran chases it. Suddenly the ball passed off in the barricades. Since Eliana was in the front, the ball smacked on her face which made everyone shocked.

Also, she was seen on the big screen so she's embarrassed. "Eliana-chan? Are you okay?" Rui and Anrie asked.

"D-Daijobou desuka?" Ran worriedly asked.

Eliana nodded and refused the medic to treat her. Ran and Rui feel scared as if Eliana's black aura comes out. "Daijobou desu."

"Y-You look scary, you sure okay?" Ran asked again.

"Hai, just go to the court at lampasuhin mo sila . . ."

"La-Lampasu . . . what?"

Daffodil laughed and said, "Bring them down, she said."

"Kowai!" Rui said and laughed hard.

"Hai!" Ran said and saluted then he went back to the court.

Angie again asked, "You sure okay?"

"Yes," Eliana answered as she turned back into her real state. "It's a funny thing, I always get scared when the ball hits my face even though I'm not."

"You do . . . what?" Rui said while laughing.

"Yes, Rui-san," Eliana said and looked at Rui. "When I was in college, we played volleyball and I'm the libero even though I'm not good at it, and the ball whacks on my face," Eliana revealed and chuckles. "And that time, I look scary and it's the reason why someone stabbed my back. That person tells our teacher that I'm furious and curses at her even though I'm not."

Rui, Riri, and Anrie still laughed and then Rui said, "Looked at Ran, he is somewhat serious right now. He thinks that you are mad at him, I guess."

Eliana felt anxious because of that. After a while, they finally won seems like Ran hit the ball with madness at the last point. And of course, declares Yuki Ishikawa as MVP.  

Ran congratulated everyone when he found out that they won. After the game, Team Japan goes to the locker room for them to change.

Ran looks so serious that's why Rui goes near to him. Eliana is in Rui's back.

"Congratulations!" Eliana said to Ran but he ignored the lady.

"Told you," Rui said.

"Congratulations!" a beautiful lady staff said to Ran.

"Thank you," Ran said to the lady and joined to have a picture with her.

Eliana felt so ashamed because of Ran's attitude and jealous at the same time. She just bit her lower lip so that she not cry.

After the beautiful lady approaches Ran, Eliana finally talks. "I'm not mad," Eliana said and smiled. "Bakit ako magagalit eh mahal ko 'yan eh," Eliana added and Ran looked at her while Eliana's smiling.

Ran felt that thing again . . . that thing he never felt before . . . because of Eliana's smile.

"What do you mean Eliana?" Anrie asked and Daffodil whispered the meaning to Anrie. Anrie smiles brightly as she whispers to Riri and then to Rui. Ran is ready to know it as he goes near to his brother but Rui says, "Learn their language first."

Ran still scowling so Eliana felt something off so she decided to give Ran a space. "If you're still like that, I'll let you cool your head first," Eliana said and went near to Ran. "Wala akong karapatan pero huwag mo naman ako saktan nang harapan, Ran," Eliana whispers and stays away from Ran. "Call me if you are ready. Omedetou gozaimasu!" Eliana said and told everyone that she was going to leave.

Eliana turned back and Daffodil accompanied her. As she was walking, her eyes swelled, and bit her lower lip.

"He thinks that I'm mad. What should I do? Baka palitan niya na ako bilang teacher niya at . . . gusto ko pa siyang makasama."

When they are on the bus, Daffodil comforts Eliana. "It's okay."

"Ang sakit-sakit pong makita na naging cold siya sa akin dahil akala niya'y galit ako," Eliana said while she was weeping. "Ang bigat-bigat po sa aking dibdib parang mawawalan ako ng hininga."