2.5// Prom

AUTHOR'S NOTE UP HERE FOR A MINUTE OK

Hi fam, so theres this thing on 5sosxawards account and basically Project Ugly is up for a cute lil award. So if you like this book or something you should go vote for it. It's under best Luke fanfiction, and it would really make me all happy or whatever (it's k if u don't). BUT LOL BEFORE YOU GO TAKE A GANDER I'M LOSING SO BAD IT'S FINE I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIS UNTIL LIKE A DAY AGO SO OOPS. Now heres the story!!! (There's going to be an author's note at the end too bc i got A LOT TO TELL U ALL ABOUT!)

————

To get the feel of how prom day was going for Melody the show Toddlers and Tiaras would summarize it. Her friends had turned into the crazy pageant moms that wanted to make sure that their daughter was the one who would win first place in the competition. This was no competition, but it was classified as one of the biggest events in high school senior year history, so that was good enough.

Nikki was pulling at Melody's hair, twisting it in ways that she literally could not understand. Autumn was working on Melody's face, smothering it in makeup, which happened to be weird since Mel hadn't put makeup on in months. Now Melody was not panicking about looking good for prom, she was terrified of how Luke was going to handle it. She still hadn't told him about Project Ugly, or Ashton, so tonight would be the moment of truth. She could only hope that he would handle it well, but the odds weren't in her favor.

"You have so much hair," Nikki whined for at least the tenth time.

Melody tried to laugh but it was more like a choking noise that came out of her throat. Autumn eyed her suspiciously, she had been trying to drill it into Mel's head that everything was going to be fine. It was only human to think it wasn't, she couldn't help feel nervous that Luke was going to absolutely hate her for keeping the truth from him for this long.

Melody groaned, "He's going to hate me."

Autumn and Nikki simultaneously sighed, "He's not going to hate you," Autumn reassured her.

"You don't know that," Mel pouted.

"And neither do you," Nikki countered.

Melody rolled her eyes, she was trying to think of ways to get out of prom but there was no way she could leave Luke without a date. He had promposed to her after she bought her dress, and it was so cute she almost cried.

She was inside watching Netflix and eating ice cream like always, when her breadstick of a boyfriend asked her if she wanted to hang out at his house. Thinking nothing of it, she went outside and Luke was standing next to her car with the dorkiest smile on his face. Melody of course was confused until Luke popped the hood to her car, and then she saw it. There was a poster and Luke had written "Even though you won't let me drive your car, will you break down and go to prom with me?" Of course Melody said yes, and now she was in this position.

"You're done," Nikki and Autumn both said.

Melody stood up to look in the mirror, she looked like her old self. Autumn did her makeup flawlessly, and her hair looked like a professional had done it.

"Thank you guys," she said, turning to hug the both of them. They gave her light hugs just to ensure that her hair and makeup stayed in place.

"Now you two need to go get ready, I'll pick you up later," Melody spoke as she basically shoved the two girls out of her house.

"Don't mess up your makeup!" Autumn called while she was walking down the stairs.

"Or your hair!" Nikki added.