1.0// The Morning After

"You're drunk go to bed," Melody sighed, turning away from Luke. He inched closer to her, and wrapped his arms around her waist. Luke was being way more touchy than usual, but she let it slide since he was wasted.

"You're a good cuddler, Mel," Luke giggled into her neck. "and you smell good."

"So you're sniffing me now?" Mel teased, and Luke's giggling became louder. "Shhhh, you're gonna wake my parents up!"

"We could wake them up with some other kind of noise," Luke snorted, Melody reached around and punched his arm. "I was kind of kidding," Luke mumbled.

"Go to sleep," Melody groaned. What did he mean by, "kind of kidding"?

"I wanna talk," Luke whined, he didn't even know what he wanted to talk about since he couldn't really get his thoughts straight.

"About what?" Melody asked, and checked her phone, "It's three in the morning."

"I dunno, I like talking to you."

"Can we talk when you're not drunk, and it's not three in three in the morning?" Melody pleaded, she was exhausted. As much as she did like talking to Luke, she liked sleeping a bit more.

"Fine, I see how it is," Luke muttered.

"I can practically hear you pouting, Luke," Melody snorted. She was right, Luke was pouting because he wasn't getting his way. Luke didn't answer her, so she giggled. "Goodnight, Luke."

Luke sighed in defeat, "Goodnight, Mel."

He placed a light kiss to her hair, and Melody tensed up. Flashing lights and sirens were going off in her head. Friends did not do that, right? Of course she was wide awake now, and Luke was already quietly snoring.

Now she was fully aware of Luke's arms wrapped around her, and how close his lips were to her neck. She was blushing now, too. She seriously needed to get it together, and go to sleep. The last time she checked the time it was almost five, she fell asleep shortly after that.

Luke woke up in a complete panic. It took him a minute to realize that he was safe, at Melody's. After the panic resided, he felt sick to his stomach. He rolled off Mel's bed, and onto her floor. Puking on the floor was slightly better than on her bed, right? He didn't want to wake her up unless it was absolutely necessary, she had probably had enough of his annoying ass last night.

When Melody woke up to feel that Luke wasn't still beside her on her bed, she kind of freaked out. In the same minute she had woken up, she had lunged off her bed towards her bedroom door. Her eyes hadn't even properly adjusted yet, and while scrambling off her bed she almost kicked Luke in the head. She stopped at the door when she had realized he was sitting on the floor with his head in his hands.

"What was all that about?" He asked quietly.

"Thought you went out there," she mumbled, she still wasn't fully awake. She actually didn't even know what the time was. She shuffled over to her bed to find her phone, it was half past nine. Her parents were long gone. "Why are you on the floor?" She asked.

"I felt sick," he shrugged and looked up from his hands.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Melody felt bad now, how long had he been sitting there?

"I felt bad? I don't know," he sighed, "can I go to the bathroom though? I don't want to puke all over your room."

Melody laughed, and nodded. Luke slowly followed her out of the room, his head was pounding, and he was pretty sure he was going to throw up any second.

"I would hold your hair back for you but you don't have much, and I'm not good with puke, so good luck," she grimaced.

Luke nodded and stumbled into the bathroom. He was so sick, he honestly couldn't bring himself to move off of the bathroom floor. He didn't even know why he drank so much, it always left him feeling like shit in the morning.